Sangju is in North Gyeongsang. It is an inland region in the northwestern part of Gyeongsangbuk-do, and is in the center of the country.
It is on the southeast slope of the Sobaek Mountains, the mainstream of the Nakdong River penetrates the eastern region and is rich in mountains, water, and natural resources.
The annual average temperature is around 12~13℃, and the average temperature in January and August in the hardest month is around 3℃ and 26℃, and the winter temperature decreases as you go to the northwestern mountainous areas. Annual rainfall is around 1,050 mm, which is somewhat higher than that of most of the inland areas in the Nakdong River basin. The average number of sunny days in the past 10 years has reached an average of 156 days per year, and has good conditions for growing crops such as wide plains, moderate rainfall, high temperatures in summer, and lots of sunlight.
- 1 Nakdonggang National Institute of Biological Resources, 37 Donam 2-gil, Donam-dong, ☏ . Tu-Su 09:30-17:30. Sangju's preeminent natural history museum. ￦3,000 for adults, ￦2,000 for youth (13 to 18), ￦1,000 for children (under 13).
- Nakdonggang River History Museum, 116 Nakdong 1-gil, Nakdong-myeon, ☏ . Tu-Su 09:30-17:30.
- Sangju Museum, 684 Gyeongcheon-ro, Sabeol-myeon, ☏ . Tu-Su 09:30-17:30. The only cultural historical museum in Sangji. Has artifacts of over 1,500 years old.
- Seongjubong Recreational Forest, 3 Seongjubong-ro, Euncheok-myeon, ☏ . A popular picnic spot with copious parking and recreational space. No entrance fee.
- Munjangdae Terrace, 293 Munjangdae 2-gil, Hwabuk-myeon, ☏ . A great hiking spot with beautiful 360° views once you reach the top. Remember to bring good hiking boots.
- 1 Sangju International Equestrian Center, 683-47 Gyeongcheon-ro, Sabeolguk-myeon, ☏ . A place where children can experience horse riding for the first time. They have a range of pony sizes.
- Nakdong Seunggok Village, 34 Seunggok 1-gil, Nakdong-myeon, ☏ . Accommodation with a countryside-style hospitality.