The weather is Mediterranean, with hot summers and soft winters; it usually rains in spring and in autumn.
It is near Barcelona and the town has a very good connection with it, by rail and by bus. Both depart from Plaça d'Espanya. Trains are faster and run every 5 minutes on average, but the train stop is not central. Buses are slower and run less frequently, but will allow you to reach more places. Bear in mind that buses from Barcelona and trains run apart from each other. There are bus stops near the rail station but none of these buses will reach Barcelona; instead, they go to other neighboring towns like Cornellà, Viladecans or El Prat (including the airport).
- Saint Baldiri church. Built in the 13th century. From this, you have a very nice view you can see the Llobregat river and the bridge of AVE
- Saint Ramon hermitage. One of the nicest views of Sant Boi is at night: the church reflected on the Llobregat river and the illuminated hermitage hung in the sky (the mountain is not visible).
- The Roman Baths and Museum (Termes Romanes).
- Rafael Casanova’s tomb. Rafael Casanova died and was buried here
- La Muntanyeta Park. the biggest park of Sant Boi. There is a lake, a swimming pool, restaurants, skating rink, auditorium, picnic place, and roads for walking around and riding by bicycle. Near the park, two years ago, the big public library was built, which has big windows, a lot of books and computers, and a good restaurant.
In December, Sant Boi is famous for the Purissima’s fair where different sectors of industry and trade show their new products. Also, there is a beautiful exhibition of fruits and vegetables by farmers, craft stalls and many activities for children and old people. In September we celebrate the festival of music Altaveu' which brings together many groups and Catalan singers. In December there is a popular festival called Fira de la Purísima there are a lot of exhibitions of vegetables, plants, decoration objects and machines. Another important festival that takes place in May; La Festa Major and on 20th May in honour a Sant Baldiri our patron saint with a lot of fireworks. In summer, each neighbourhood celebrates its events with dances, parades and fireworks.
There are a lot of shops and five markets. Every Saturday, people can visit the two street markets in Sant Boi. There is a bigger shopping area called Alcampo where there are a lot of supermarkets: Alcampo, Kiabi, Toyr’s, Leroy Merlin, Decathon and Boulangere.
- Hotel El Castillo.