Santa Ynez is a small community in the Santa Ynez Valley winery region of Santa Barbara County in Southern California. It's a valley of small towns, rolling hills, majestic oaks and friendly people. There are beautiful horse ranches, unspoiled mountains, charming little towns, waterfalls, beaches, scenic drives, breathtaking countryside, fruit orchards, and authentic Spanish missions.
- 1 Chumash Casino, 3400 East Highway 246, toll-free: . Has big name entertainment, good spa and restaurant facilities with an all-you-can-eat buffet.
- Bridlewood Winery, 3555 Roblar Ave, toll-free: . Daily 10AM-5PM. This winery serves very good wine. They have an excellent view and a large lawn and are among the best stops while visiting Santa Barbara wineries. Among their best wines is their Syrah, which has earned a 89 from Wine Enthusiast and a 90 from Wine Spectator. They sell cheeses, meats, crackers, etc., which is handy for a picnic.
- Gainey Vineyard, 3950 E. Hwy 246, ☏ . 10AM-5PM daily. One of the premier tasting experiences among Santa Barbara wineries. They attract a large crowd, but it's worth dealing with both for their wine and delightful grounds that are a perfect place to end a day of Santa Barbara wine tasting. They also have a nice tasting room reserved for wine club members.
- LinCourt Vineyards, 343 N Refugio Rd, ☏ . 10AM-5PM daily. This is low-priced sister winery to Foley, but unfortunately not particularly good among Santa Barbara wineries. They do offer a pleasant picnic area.
- Sunstone Vineyards & Winery, 125 Refugio Rd, toll-free: . 10AM-4PM daily. Sunstone has a nice patio area with a fairly good view. Sunstone Winery overlooks the Santa Ynez River, and has one of the more pleasant settings among Santa Barbara wineries. They have good wine include Viognier, Syrah, Cabernet Franc, Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot, Chardonnay and others. Their reserve tasting costs a few dollars more, but is worth it.
- Santa Ynez Inn, 3627 Sagunto St, ☏ . Check-in: 3PM, check-out: 12PM. Bed and breakfast.
- 1 Paradise Retreats, 16 E. Arrellaga Street, ☏ , ✉ firstname.lastname@example.org. Paradise Retreats offers 99 luxury vacation rentals across Sant Barbara, Solvang, Sant Ynez, Montecito, & Los Olivos, ranging in size from 1-8 bedrooms.
- Solvang - Located four miles west of Santa Ynez, nearly one million visitors travel to this small town each year to see its Danish architecture and experience its (mostly) authentic Danish culture. Visitors can enjoy Danish food, a replica of the Little Mermaid sculpture, windmills, and the horse-drawn Hønen for sightseeing. The Danish Days festival lasts through the weekend during September and has been held almost every year since 1936.
- Santa Barbara - Located in the mountains 30 miles southwest of Santa Ynez, the "American Riviera" is a historic mission city that is an incredibly popular getaway destination. Its wide beaches, highly rated wineries, luxurious resorts, art galleries, and a large variety of excellent dining choices, enable the town of just 90,000 residents to enjoy the sort of cultural and social amenities which are usually found only in much larger cities.
- Los Olivos - Located five miles northwest of Santa Ynez, this town has more than its share of wineries and tasting rooms, with around a dozen such businesses despite its tiny population of just over 1,000. The town also draws visitors wishing to pay their respects at Michael Jackson's Neverland Ranch, which is located five miles north of town but not open to visitors.
|Routes through Santa Ynez|
|Jct N S ← Los Olivos ←||W E||→ Santa Barbara → Ends at|
|Lompoc ← Solvang ←||W E||→ END|