Sanur is a town on the east coast of South Bali.
Sanur is Bali's oldest upscale resort area and is a mature beach-side town. Despite the abundance of restaurants and accommodation, it has a quiet and relaxed feel to it. Sanur tends to appeal most to middle-aged and older families, especially Europeans. Most hotels in Sanur are big, with spacious gardens.
The Sanur area is sandwiched between the main Jalan Ngurah Rai bypass and the beach. One main route called Jalan Danau Tamblingan runs north to south through the town and it is easy to orient yourself with reference to this road.
Sanur is a 20-30 minute taxi ride from the Ngurah Rai International Airport, and a pre-paid coupon costs Rp 150,000. There are plenty of metered taxis all over the island who will be keen to take you to Sanur.
If you are driving yourself, this is one of the more staightforward areas of Bali to find as the main Jalan Bypass Ngurah Rai is the western boundary of Sanur. There are many well signposted exit points from this main road into the heart of Sanur. Allow about 20 minutes driving time from Kuta or Legian, about 30 minutes from Seminyak or Ubud and 10 to 15 minutes from Denpasar.
Sanur is well serviced by shuttle buses and bemos from the north and south and also from Denpasar's Tegal terminal.
There's also a bus service called Trans Sarbagita that runs the following route Terminal Batu Bulan (Gianyar) - Tohpati (DPS) - Sanur (DPS) - Kuta Central Park (Badung) - Jimbaran (Badung) - Nusa Dua (Badung).
Kura-Kura Bus is another bus company that passes through Sanur and other popular areas in Bali.
Jalan Danau Tamblingan, the main street in Sanur, has a number of outlets for car, motorbike and bicycle rental. A large number of metered taxis patrol the streets looking for passengers. Local bemos run with some regularity up and down both Jalan Danau Tamblingan and Jalan Danau Poso.
Sanur is also a great place to walk. Distances are not large, the streets are relatively quiet, and there is a splendid, paved beach front path which runs the whole length of the district.
- 1 Bali Store Luggage, Gang Telagasari 3, Jalan Danau Tempe I, e-mail: email@example.com. You can store luggage here.
Walking in Sanur is pleasant. The pavement is about 2.5 meters wide along Sanur Beach, suitable for the senior citizens who frequent this town to avoid the loud nightlife in nearby Kuta. Rental bikes sometimes use the pavement, too, but no motorcycles do.
This is a town with a wealth of cultural, natural and historical attractions, as well as the obvious shopping and beach-related sights.
- International Kite Festival, Padang Galak beach (just north of Sanur, east off the main Jalan Ngurah Rai bypass). The annual international kite festival takes place here every July. Traditional Balinese giant kites up to 10 m in length are made and flown competitively by teams from different villages around Bali. The origins of this event are as a festival intended to send a message to the Hindu Gods to create abundant crops and harvests. Aside from the actual organised festival, from June to August each year, visitors will see many giant kites being flown.
- Le Mayeur Museum, Jl Hangtuah (go the end of Jalan Hangtuah and turn right at the beach. Proceed along the paved footpath through the souvenir stalls and look for the entrance to the museum on your right), ☎ . Su-F 07:30-15:30. This is the former home of noted Belgian impressionist Adrian Jean Le Mayeur, which is now a museum dedicated to his works. Le Mayeur arrived in Bali in 1932 and soon immersed himself in the culture of the island, and married a noted Balinese Legong dancer. Much of the house stands just as it did when he died in 1958, and apart from viewing his works, visitors will gain an insight into what it must have been like to be one of Bali's very first expats. The whole place is in need of some maintenance, but this remains one of Bali's hidden treasures. Rp 10,000.
- 1 Mangrove Information Centre (Mangrove Forest Suwung Kawuh), Jalan By Pass Ngurah Rai Km. 21, Suwung Kauh (just south of Sanur, singposted east off the main Jl Bypass Ngurah Rai), ☎ , e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org. Daily 08:00-18:00. Visit the well appointed Mangrove Information Centre set in the huge 600 hectare mangrove forest which fringes the east coast south of Sanur. There are two different boardwalks through the mangrove forest. This centre is doing great work in educating local schoolchildren as well as visitors, about the importance of mangrove forests. A good place to spend half a day for adults and children. Rp 200,000 (foreigners), 50,000 (locals).
- Pura Blanjong (Blanjong Temple), Jl Danau Poso, Blanjong (just south of Sanur). The most notable temple in Sanur which contains a major, important inscription on a stone pillar called the Prasati Blanjong. The inscription tells of a Javanese king who visited Bali in the 10th century and installed what was probably Bali's first formal government. This is Bali's oldest known artifact.
- Serangan Island Turtle Conservation Centre (Turtle Island) (about 3 km south of Sanur, reached by turning east off the main Jl Ngurah Rai bypass), ☎ . 09:00-17:00 daily. Visit the Turtle Conservation and Education Centre here and learn about current conservation initiatives. This island used to be the centre of the Balinese trade in turtle meat until the practice was banned. Donation.
As well as shopping and eating, there are plenty of photo opportunities while walking along the splendid 5 km beachside paved path. The local night markets are a sensory delight, with plenty of food options.
Sanur's splendid paved beachfront cycle-path stretches some 5 km from the Jalan Mertasari area in south Sanur, north to the main beach at Jalan Hangtuah. This makes for a lovely scenic bike ride, especially in the early morning. Some bikes are better maintained than others so you might want to test your hire-bike close to home for a while in case the pedals have a tendency to fall off.
Although the diving available around Sanur is not the best Bali has to offer, nearly all of Bali's most established dive operators are located here. All offer trips further afield.
- Atlantis Bali Diving, Jl .By Pass Ngurah Rai 96E, ☎ , e-mail: email@example.com. Full range of dives and courses offered at this PADI 5 star dive operator. English, French, German, Spanish and Indonesian speaking instructors
- BIDP (Bali International Diving Professionals), Jl. Blanjong I No. 333, ☎ , e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org. Large and long-established PADI dive centre offering dive trips all around Bali and full range of courses including technical diving
- Blue Season Bali, Jl Danau Tamblingan 69x, ☎ , e-mail: email@example.com. PADI Career Development Centre. Dive trips and safaris around Bali, and PADI courses from beginner to instructor. Also offers technical diving courses. Instruction offered in English, Japanese, Mandarin, French, Spanish, Dutch, German and Indonesian.
- 1 Crystal Divers, Jl Danau Tamblingan 168, ☎ , e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org. 7am - 9pm. This was the first PADI Career Development Centre in Indonesia. A full range of courses is available from intro dives to instructor courses as well as day dive trips and dive safaris around Bali. Offers PADI courses in Swedish, Danish, English, Indonesian, German, Japanese and Mandarin.
- Diving Bali, Jl Danau Tamblingan 27c, ☎ . One of the best dive centres in Sanur offering dive courses, fun dives and liveaboard trips. Offers a full range of fun dives and courses
- Joe's Gone Diving Bali, Ngurah Rai Bypass 44A, ☎ , e-mail: email@example.com. A professional, Dutch-owned PADI 5* IDC dive center offering PADI dive courses, daily dive trips and dive safaris around Bali. Courses are given in multiple languages.
There are many places to do your laundry in Sanur. Most hotels provides they own laundry service, mostly with more expensive rates than local laundry rooms. Almost every street corner has a laundry service.
- Cinta Alam Organic Laundry, Jl. Batur Sari 44 (the end of Jl. Sekuta turn left 50 m left on side), e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org. 08:00-20:00. High quality laundry service without the use of harmfull chemicals. You can choose an aromatherapy fragrance. Pick up and delivery is on request and free in the Sanur area. Rp 15,000/kg.
A day at any of the spas in Sanur is exactly what you would expect during your stay in Bali: full service treatment steeped in Balinese tradition. Take advantage of any opportunity to enjoy a spa during your stay, the cost here is at least half what you would pay in North America or Europe. All major hotels have in-house spa facilities and there are also several well established independents in Sanur.
- Puri Esthetic, Jalan By Pass Ngurah Rai 209, ☎ .
The more active could try one or more of the many watersports on offer at Sanur Beach. Try kitesurfing, windsurfing, wakeboarding, surfing or paragliding. For those less active, hire a banana boat and hit the calm waters.
The surfing here is not great by Bali standards but there are reasonable breaks about 1 km offshore during the northwest wind season (about October to March). In that period you will have no problem locating the breaks — just follow the locals. Boards can be rented on the beach for Rp 100,000.
- Bali Kite Surfing School, Mertasari (at the beach close to Mertasari temple), ☎ . IKO certified kite surfing school. The lessons are conducted in a safe, user-friendly environment and lessons can be structured to suit individual needs. The school uses three specially designed rescue boats to keep a close eye on you.
- Blue Oasis Beach Club, Sanur Beach (on the beach in front of the Sanur Beach Hotel), ☎ . A specialist water sports centre which offers sea-kayaking, kitesurfing, parasailing, wakeboarding, waterskiing and windsurfing, as well as being a dive school.
There are countless shops along Jalan Danau Tamblingan and the side streets leading from it. You will find everything from local t-shirts to Balinese handicrafts.
- Hardy's Grosir, Jl Danua Tamblingan 193, ☎ . 08:00-22:30 daily. This is Sanur's main supermarket, and a good place for stocking up on regular items.
- Gudang Keramik, Jl Danau Tamblingan, ☎ . 10:00-22:00 daily. This is the outlet for seconds of the famed Jengala Ceramics company (main showroom in Jimbaran). Their standards are very high and you may not notice why some of these items are classed as seconds. Some superb bargains to be had in everything from decorative vases to flatware.
- Nogo Bali Ikat Centre, Jl Danau Tamblingan 104, ☎ , e-mail: email@example.com. M-Sa 08:30-21:00, Su 09:00-20:00. Specialises in the very best quality woven ikat fabrics from Bali and elsewhere in Indonesia. If you are looking for cheapies, don't even think of going here. If you have an eye for quality though, this will be right up your alley. You can purchase fabric by the piece, made up as clothing or homewares, and examine their very impressive genuine antique collection.
At the northern end of Jalan Pungutan, just before it hits Jalan Danau Tamblingan, there is an art market, sometimes referred to as Sindhu Market. This is a one stop shop for all manner of Balinese handicrafts, sarongs, T-shirts and knock-offs such as sunglasses. A similar set up can be found at beachfront Art Market at the end of Jalan Hangtuah. Take the foot path leading north which weaves through a maze of stalls and the odd cafe.
For very cheap local food try the Night Market at the northern end of Jalan Danau Tamblingan where it meets Jalan Pungutan.
- Abian Boga Restaurant, Jl Kesuma Sari No 5, ☎ . 10:00-22:00 daily. Grilled seafood accompanied by a Balinese dance performance. Great service too with a local hotel pick up and drop off. Mains Rp 30,000-60,000.
- The Bali Pub, Jl Danau Tamblingan (just north of Hardys, opposite Circle K). Owned by a former Masterchef UK contestant. Serves Sunday roasts, steaks, western and Balinese dishes. Live music after 20:00.
- Cafe Batu Jimbar, Jl Danau Tamblingan, ☎ . Every Sanur expat's favourite cafe hang out. Good deli food and passable coffee. 08:00-22:00 daily.
- Kayu Manis, Jl Danau Tamblingan (north end of Jl Danau Tamblingan), ☎ . 11:00-22:00 daily. Western and Asian fusion cuisine at great value prices. A favourite with both travellers for the price and foodies for the quality of the meals. About Rp 40,000-70,000 per entree.
- Massimo, Jl Danau Tamblingan 228, ☎ , e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org. 11:00-22:00 daily. The superb home made gelato here is the ideal treat after a hot day wandering in Sanur. Also excellent pizzas and pastas at this authentic south Italian owned and run restaurant. About Rp 100,000 per head.
- Smorgås Café, Jl Danua Tamblingan/Pantai Karang II, ☎ . Perhaps the best coffee shop in Sanur. Homemade sandwiches, pastry and quiche. Owned by Swedes and they make their own gravlax.
- Stiff Chilli, Jl Kesumasari 11, Semawang Beach (right on the beach at the end of Jl Kesumasari), ☎ , e-mail: email@example.com. 11:00-23:00 daily. Beach-front restaurant from the Stiff Chilli chain. Mid-priced, mainly Italian food in a great location Most mains about Rp 50,000.
- 1 [dead link] Treo Beach Cafe, Mertasari Beach (100 metres from the Mercure Hotel on the beach), ☎ . 9AM-8PM daily. Beautiful beach location and a great place for breakfast, lunch or dinner. Enjoy your meal in the restaurant or on the outdoor tables on the beach. Tasty food and friendly staff.
- The Village, Jl Danau Tamblingan 66, ☎ . 11:00-22:00 daily. Attached to the Griya Santrian Hotel, this is perhaps the best known upmarket eatery in Sanur. The food is slick Italian style and they do a reasonable job of creating a suitable atmosphere. Not a good as it was and certainly not cheap, but a decent option in a part of Bali not known for it high quality restaurants. Has an independent street front entrance, and you would not know it is attached to a hotel. Rp 70,000-200,000.
- Warung Blanjong, Jl Danau Poso 78, ☎ . 11AM–9PM daily. One of the best places to eat Balinese in Sanur. They are especially well known for their pepes be pashi (steamed fish wrapped in banana leaves), and the be siap betutu (chicken prepared similarly) is also good. Very much worth a visit. Rp 30,000–70,000 mains.
- Fortune Cookie, Jl Sudamala 5 (bet. Danau poso & Mertasari), ☎ . 11:00-23:00. Healthy western-style Chinese Restaurant, no MSG, organic ingredients, they also have free delivery in Sanur. Popular with expats.
- The Fire Station, Jalan Danau Poso 108, ☎ , e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org. 4pm - 12am. Gastropub style food, cold beer and cocktails.
There are lots of bars along Jalan Danau Tamblingan.
- Arena Sports Cafe, Jl ByPass Ngurah Rai 115, ☎ , e-mail: email@example.com. 10:00-23:00. Austrian owned and run sports bar and cafe. The beer is very cold, reasonably priced and this place is always busy.
- Nu Lazer Bar, Jl Danau Tamblingan 82, ☎ , e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org. 11am - 3am. Shows all the English football, has friendly staff and also serves food. Live music in weekends.
- Maya's Coffee & Smoothie Bar, Jl Pantai Sindhu (100-150 m from the beach and Inna Sindhu Beach hotel.), ☎ , e-mail: email@example.com. 08:00-19:00. Small coffee and smoothie bar serving Italian coffees, smoothies and fresh juices combined with a breakfast menu, lighter snacks, bakeries and pastries. Free Internet and WIFI for customers.
- Manic Organic, Jl Danau Tamblingan. Excellent raw juices and smoothies- organic full menu available as well. They also have yoga upstairs daily.
- Angel's Bar, Jalan Sekar Waru.
- Crystal Bar, Jalan Tamblingan 168, ☎ , e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org. This little bar is found right on the street. They have a nice selection of drinks and snacks. In the back of the bar they also have a diveshop and a hotel. Wednesday nights this place is packed with both divers and non divers alike for quiz night.
|This guide uses the following price ranges for a standard double room:|
Most of Sanur's accommodation is in the medium and high sector of the market and is aimed at families. Hotels in Sanur are usually a distance apart, not as close together as Kuta hotels. Hotel price competition in Sanur is tame compared to Kuta, which has a severe oversupply.
- Flashbacks, Jl Danau Tamblingan, e-mail: email@example.com. Good, clean budget accommodation in a convenient location. Has a cafe which is open 19:00-23:00. Airport pickup. from Rp 185,000.
- Kayu Sugih Guesthouse, Jl. Danau Tamblingan No.76, ☎ , e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org. Has traditional beautiful garden, but no swimming pool. from Rp 350,000 (Fan). $10/daily surcharge will be apply in peak seasons: 1st of July - 31st of August and 1st of December - 31st of January.
- [dead link] Kesumasari Beach Hotel (Kesumasari Guest House), Jl Pantai Kesumasari, Semawang, ☎ , e-mail: email@example.com. On the beach with a spacious and well kept tropical garden and a swimming pool open until 10pm daily. From about Rp 275,000.
- 1 Little Pond, 19 Jalan Danau Tamblingan, ☎ . Nice laidback homestay with a small pool. Good value basic rooms and can get full easily during peak season. Rp 170,000 - 250,000 (August 2017).
- Cafe Locca Homestay (Puri Anom Hostel), Jl.Sudamala 8 (between Jl Danau Posso and Jl.Cemara turistic promenade, 7 min walk to beach), ☎ . Check-in: 14:00, check-out: 12:00. Clean new renovated rooms,mixed dorm (4-3 bed), private double room with minibar, free WiFi internet broadband. Spacious garden, public cable TV+DVD, kitchen with fridge and cooker, housekeeping daily, towels, toiletries and bedlinen provided. Rp100,000 (A/C bed)-250.000 (private double air-con, fridge).
- Mango Guesthouse, Jl Danau Tamblingan. Long establisehd and well known budget accommodation at the northern end of Sanur's main street Rp 250,000.
- Prima Cottage, Jl Bumi Ayu 23 (close to Jl Tamblingan,10 min walk to beach), ☎ , e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org. Check-in: 14:00, check-out: 12:00. Price includes WiFi and breakfast. The complex, which consists of regular hotel rooms and cottages, has a nice pool. Rp 350.000 (room, air-con, TV, fridge), Rp 450.000 (cottage).
- Ratna Beach Hotel, Jl Segara Ayu. Price includes taxes and breakfast. Hotel rooms, a nice pool and very close to the beach. From Rp 350,000.
- 2 Yulia 1 Homestay, 38 Jalan Danau Tamblingan, ☎ . Comfortable and clean rooms are in a garden full of birds with a small pool. WiFi and breakfast is included. A bit on the expensive side for budget but you can save Rp 30,000 by refusing the included breakfast and get a cheaper one in town. As off August 2017, the construction noises reported on other websites have stopped. Rp 170,000 - 400,000 (August 2017).
- Ananda Beach Hotel, Jl Hangtuah, ☎ , e-mail: email@example.com. Good, clean budget accommodation located at Sanur Beach, about 100 m from the Grand Bali Beach Hotel and close to the boat boarding point for Nusa Lembongan. Airport pickup offered. From Rp 300,000.
- Baruna Hotel, Segara Ayu Sreet No. 3, ☎ , e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org. Check-out: 12:00. Cozy framed complex with budget villas. Lots of details that capture your eyes. Very friendly staff, goes well beyond the call of duty. Rooms have hot water, air-com, fridge. Breakfast included. Decent sized pool. Free wifi. Small library with English, Dutch, German and Swedish literature. Highly recommended for families as well as the lonely traveller. 200 m from the beach, 200 m from shopping street. From Rp 200,000.
- Smart Comfort Apartments (Batu Jimbar), Jalan Pungutan, Gang Jasmin, ☎ , e-mail: email@example.com. A small service apartment complex with holidays lettings on a weekly basis. All studios and apartments have their own kichenette and private balcony. From Rp1,300,000.
- Gazebo Beach Hotel, Jl.Danau Tamblingan No.35, ☎ , e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org. A not-very-big beachfront hotel. From Rp 600,000.
- Natah Bale Villas, Jl Cemara, ☎ . Each tradtional Balinese inspired villa in the compound features its own private entrance and open air living room, dining room as well as a fully equipped kitchen. From US$95.
- [dead link] Peneeda View Beach Hotel, Jl Danau Tamblingan 89, ☎ , e-mail: email@example.com. A quiet, good value. A bungalow style hotel committed to quality, Located nearest to the beach. From US$60.
- 3 Pondok Ayu Hotel, Sanur, ☎ (Australia), e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org. Small boutique hotel with personalised service. Includes a restaurant (Benno's) and a pool. Very quiet, suitable for families. US$70-90.
- Sativa Sanur, Jl Cemara, ☎ , e-mail: email@example.com. Situated in between the beach and the main road, two levels of standard rooms are arranged around lush gardens and a swimming pool. The hotel is quiet, clean and has fine service in addition to a pleasant morning breakfast. US$60-90.
- Sekuta Condo Suites, Jl Sekuta No12, ☎ , e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org. Each suite has its own living and dining room and fully-equipped kitchen. Facilities include The Cavern Bar, featuring Beatles memorabilia and a large swimming pool. From US$50.
- Vila Shanti Hotel, Jl Danau Tamblingan No 47/Jl Pantai Karang, ☎ , e-mail: email@example.com. On Sanur Beach. Restaurant, 24 hour room service, pool, laundry and safe deposit boxes. Note that this is not a villa despite the name. From Rp1,000,000.
- Zen Villas, Jalan Kesari II No3b. This is a medium standard private villa rental complex in a good Sanur location not far from the Bali Hyatt. Managed by an Indonesian-Dutch couple. From US$90.
- Arimbi Villa Sanur, Jl Pengembak 14, ☎ , e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org. Colonial villa for lovers of tropical gardens and Balinese architecture. from US$700.
- Hotel Santai (Crystal Divers), Jalan Tamblingan 168, ☎ , e-mail: email@example.com. A cosy little hotel with 2 floors. Rooms are a little more sophisticated with air-conditioning and direct access to a swimming pool, bar and a restaurant. The hotel is located in the back of a dive school so it's perfect if you want to do some diving while you stay here. Between Rp 472,500 and Rp 2,700,000.
- Bali Hyatt (Jl Danau Tamblingan), ☎ , e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org. Currently closed for renovations. Estimated to open again in 2017. Large hotel with beachfront location. 5 restaurants, 5 bars, huge gardens and a village style spa. Mature grounds with some well established trees. From US$130.
- Dampati Villas (A minute walk to famous Sunrise beach of Sanur), Jalan Segara Ayu, ☎ , e-mail: email@example.com. Contemporary, spacious villas with two floors, outfitted with modern touch including private swimming pool, garden, living room, kitchen, bathroom amenities, satellite TV, AC, free Wi-fi, complimentary breakfast, in-dining, daily complimentary water and cleaning, etc. $80 - $287.
- Kayumanis Sanur Private Villa & Spa (formerly Gangsa Private Villa), Jl Tirta Akasa No. 28, ☎ , e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org. 11 contemporary villas with private pool, fully-equipped gourmet kitchen and 24-hour butler service. From Rp7,000,000.
- Hotel La Taverna, Jl Tamblingan 29, ☎ , e-mail: email@example.com. Beachfront hotel with an old world Sanur charm. Rooms are simple but charming. Gardens pool and beachfront setting are amongst the best in Sanur. Good restaurant. From US$80.
- 4 Mahagiri Villas Sanur, Jl Pungutan 31 (near Sindhu beach), ☎ , e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org. Check-in: 2PM, check-out: Noon. 1 bedroom, 2 bedroom and 3 bedroom private villas. All have air-con and have private swimming pool, kitchen and living room from US$475.
- Villa Mahapala, Jl Pantai Sindhu, ☎ , e-mail: email@example.com. 20 private villas each with their own plunge pools, massage bale and outdoor shower. The resort also has its own French fusion restaurant, a bar and full service spa. From US$325.
- Mercure Resort Sanur, Jl Mertasari. Large resort on the beach towards the southern end of Sanur. 186 guest rooms, large beachfront restaurant, 3 bars and huge pool. From US$122.
- Parigata Resort and Spa, Jl Danau Tamblingan 87, ☎ , e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org. A quiet, good value resort just off the main street. High quality in-house spa plus restaurant, bar and pool area. The same group also has an impressive complex of private villas in southern Sanur. From US$100.
- Puri Santrian, Jl Cemara 35, ☎ , e-mail: email@example.com. Beach front hotel in the quiet southern part of Sanur. Two pools, beach club and good dining facilities. Choose of regular rooms in the garden block, individual bungalows and some very smart suites. From US$95.
- Sanur Paradise Plaza (formerly The Radisson Plaza Hotel), Jl Hang Tuah 46, ☎ , e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org. Large hotel with numerous facilities including kid's club, in-house spa, fitness centre, restaurant and bars. Good convenient location with easy beach access. Has a nearby sister property which is all suites and apartments. Good family option. From US$95.
- Sanur Residence (in Padang Galak, about 5 minutes north of Sanur.). Three 3-bedroom villas located on the beach forming a 9 bedroom estate The villas were built for a large family and are normally rented in a block of at least 6 bedrooms thus giving exclusive use of the entire estate along with its private swimming pool. Fully staffed with cooks, maids and gardeners. From US$180.
- Segara Village Hotel, Jl Segara Ayu, ☎ , e-mail: email@example.com. Sprawling, newly refurbished 6 hectare resort complex with 5 distinct traditionally themed Balinese villages. 120 newly renovated rooms with balcony, private toilet and bath and other amenities. 3 swimming pools, tennis courts and massage services. From US$ 110.
- Stana Puri Gopa Hotel, Jl Kesumasari No 4, ☎ , e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org. Traditional styled Balinese villas in a lush tropical garden. Private pool villas, restaurant, watersports activities, spa and modern meeting room facilities. Walking distance to the beach
- Maya Sanur Resort & Spa, Jalan Danau Tamblingan No. 89M, ☎ , e-mail: email@example.com. Check-in: 2pm, check-out: 12pm. A beachfront resort with 103 rooms, three swimming pools and a 158-meter divided lagoon.
There are numerous internet cafes on Jalan Danau Tamblingan as well as cafes offering free wireless internet for customers.
- Sanur Internet Service, Jl Danau Tamblingan 27 (next to Circle K), ☎ . A comfortable and speedy internet cafe. Air-con, 2 seater sofa and equipped with 17 inch LCD monitors, head sets, scanner & printer. Free mineral water and helpful staff. Rp 400/min.
Several nations have consulates in Sanur, including some with titles that confusingly include the words "in Denpasar".
- Honorary Consulate of the Czech Republic for Bali and NTB, Jl Pengembak 17, ☎ , fax: .
- Finnish Honorary Consulate in Denpasar, Bali, Segara Village Hotel, Jl Segara (PO BOX 91), ☎ , .
- French Consular Agency in Denpasar, Bali, Jl Mertasari Gang 2 No 8, Banjang Tanjung, ☎ .
- German Consulate General in Denpasar, Bali, Jl Pantai Karang No 17, Batujimbar, ☎ .
- Royal Swedish Honorary Consulate in Denpasar, Bali, Segara Village Hotel, Jl Segara (PO Box 91 Denpasar), ☎ , .
- UK Honorary Consulate in Denpasar, Bali, Jl Mertasari No 2, ☎ .
- Sanur is a good jumping off point for the nearby island of Nusa Lembongan.
- If you are heading back to the southern tourist hotspots of Kuta, Legian and Seminyak, this will take about 20 minutes by car. Ubud is about 25 minutes in the opposite direction.