Administratively, Sape is a district in Bima regency. It is a small harbour town on the Sape Strait (separating the island of Sumbawa from the island of Flores) with friendly people. There is not much to see and there are not much tourists. Most tourists pass by to catch the ferry to Labuan Bajo on Flores.
From Bima you can take a bemo (around Rp 15,000, last one 17:00). This will take you to Sape. Iif you need to go to the ferry, ask for Labuhan Sape (that's the pier). You can also charter a bemo for Rp 200,000. Just make sure that they won't put you onto another cramped bemo after 10 minutes.
- Warung Barokah, Jl. Pelabuhan Sape (next to Losmen Mutiara, if you come from the ferry it's on your left, just after you pass the gate). Nice clean Warung. Serves Bakso and Soto Ayam. Comes with a big plate of plain rice. Rp 10,000.
- Arema Sape, Jl. Pelabuhan Sape (500 m from the harbour gate on your left hand), ☏ . This place serves a lot of fish dishes, but also mie goreng and nasi goreng (not on the menu, just ask for it). There is also an internet café inside if you need to wait for the ferry.
There are no cafés or pubs around. The only Bintang you can get in the shops is Bintang Zero.
- Losmen Mustika, Jl. And. Pelabuhan Bugis Sape (If you walk from the ferry onto the pier, it's about 1 km further on your right hand, just into a small street. Look out for the sign on the corner of the street), ☏ . Check-out: 14:00. Nice losmen, about 1 km from the harbour. The rooms for Rp75,000 have fan and squat toilet, the ones for Rp150,000 have AC and Western toilet. The beds in the AC rooms are better than in the cheaper ones. They serve breakfast (not included) and dinner, if you order it 1 day in advance. Fan Rp75,000, AC Rp150,000.
- Losmen Mutiara, Jl. Pelabuhan Sape (Just next to the harbour gate), ☏ .
- Hotel Mantika, Jl. Pelabuhan Sape (Just next to Losmen Mutiara.), ☏ . Rp 150,000 - 250,000.
- Losmen Nusa Bajo, Jl. Pelabuhan Sape 4 (this losmen is not on the pier like the others, but about 2.5 km from the harbour; if you walk from the pier to Sape, it's on your left hand side). It has basic cheap rooms, with bathroom inside. The bathroom includes a squat toilet and no shower. Rp 50,000.