Jump to navigation Jump to search
Tow train lines lead to 1 Sarnen:
- The Luzern-Interlaken Express stops hourly from Lucerne (20 min) as well as Meiringen (50 min), Brienz (1h 10min) and Interlaken Ost (1h 30min).
- The S5 is a slower train to Lucerne (30 min) but with two hourly connections.
- 1 Museum Bruder Klaus, Dorfstrasse 4, 6072 Sachseln (One station by train or boat from Sarnen.), ☏ . During the summer months Tu-Sa 10:00-12:00 and 13:30-17:00, Su 11:00-17:00. This museum is dedicated to the patron saint of Switzerland Nicholas of Flüe (Brother Klaus). He was a hermit living in this area in the 15th century. After having had a vision, he left behind his wife and ten children to live in isolation. He was venerated as a man of great wisdom and is claimed to have avoided a civil war through his council. Fr. 10.
- 2 Historisches Museum Obwalden, Brünigstrasse 127, ✉ firstname.lastname@example.org. mid-April-November, W-Su 14ː00-17ː00. A local history museum showcasing pieces from the canton of Obwalden. Fr. 6.
- 3 Church St. Peter und Paul. The current catholic church was built in baroque style in the 18th century. Highlights of the church architecture are the painted ceiling and the altars.
- 4 Sarner Jesuskind, Brünigstrasse 157. This small wooden statue from the 14th century depicting baby Jesus is an object of pilgrimage. It is located at the Kloster St. Andreas (a convent).