Satna is very well connected by rail. Probably it is the best way to reach there.
There are daily buses from Satna to Khajuraho. Although suggested mode of transportation is taxis.
- Chitrakoot. The place where Ramcharitra Manas was written. Very nice place to visit for greenery and to see ancient caves where Lord Ram spent around 12 years with his wife Sita and brother Lakshman. Here you can see River Mandakini Ramghat, Tulsi Mandir, Bharat Milap, Bharat Koop, H Dhara Mountain, Kamadgiri mountain etc. Very nice place for pilgrims. On Amavasya and Purnima you'll get heavy crowd in Chitrakoot.
- Maihar. Sharda Mata temple.
- Dharkundi. Not many people know, but it is a wonderful place with greenery all around and a peaceful meditative atmosphere.
- Ramban, 15 km from Satna on Rewa Road. Ancient remains of temples and Hanumanji Mandir
Samosa, Jalebi , Khurchan
Lotan kee Mungaudi Near Railway Station, Sardaar Jee kee Chaat aur Dahi Bade in Prem Nagar, Kishori kee Lassi, Poha-Jalebi in Panni Lal Chowk, and jhalla ke samose
- Indian Coffee House, Semariya Chowk.
- Hotel Uma Resort, 09303363738.