Satpura National Park is cradled in the Satpura Range (Mahadeo Hills) and straddles the State of Madhya Pradesh, India.
The best time to visit Satpura National Park, or Satpura Tiger Reserve, is during the winter and early summer months, which fall between October and April. This period is considered the peak season for tourism in the region due to the pleasant weather and optimal wildlife sightings. Here is a breakdown of the seasons and their characteristics:
- Winter (October to February): Winter is the most popular time to visit Satpura National Park. The weather during this season is generally cool and pleasant, with temperatures ranging from 10°C to 25°C (50°F to 77°F). It is an ideal time for wildlife safaris and outdoor activities as the animals are more active, and vegetation is relatively sparse, making wildlife spotting easier. Migratory birds also visit the park during this time, adding to the avian diversity.
- Spring (March to April): Spring marks the transition from winter to summer, and the weather starts to warm up. The temperatures can range from 15°C to 35°C (59°F to 95°F). The landscape is lush and vibrant with blooming flowers and foliage. While the weather is still favorable, the summer heat gradually starts to build up. It is a good time for wildlife enthusiasts who want to avoid the peak tourist season.
- Summer (May to June): Summer in Satpura National Park is characterized by hot and dry weather. Temperatures can soar up to 40°C (104°F) during the day. It is not the most comfortable time to visit, but the scarcity of water sources can concentrate wildlife around watering holes, making it an opportune time for wildlife sightings. However, the heat and humidity may limit outdoor activities, and wildlife movements may be more restricted.
- Monsoon (July to September): The monsoon season brings heavy rainfall to the region, and the park remains closed for visitors during this period. The terrain becomes slippery, and many roads and trails become impassable. The dense foliage also obstructs wildlife sightings, making it less favorable for tourism.
- Jungle Safari Booking Website
The landscape is just beautiful and mind freshening, which can soothe your body and mind. Sitting in the garden and watching the river and a few boats sailing is one of the lifetime view for a vacation. Very enjoyable
Flora and fauna
To reach Satpura Resort you need to reach Suhagpur which comes after Hoshangabad if one is coming from Bhopal. From there 17 km drive inside the village is required where the road condition is pitiable and can shake the water of your stomach.
Fees and permits
Permit package is of ₹1750/- which includes safari (in the range of 20-30 km) and boating.
There are many places to visit like Pachmarhi Hill Station, Bhopal city, Jabalpur Marble Valley, Sanchi Stupas, Bhimbetka Rock Shelters, Pench National Park, and Nauradehi Wildlife Sanctuary.
The jungle skies are free of air and light pollution, so at night, you can see thousands of stars.
The park is really isolated from the outside world. Bring food with you.
You can stay at the MP tourism resort named Satpura Resort or Dubey's Resort.