Jump to navigation Jump to search
Scano di Montiferro is a town in province of Oristano.
- 1 Alghero-Fertilia Airport (AHO IATA) (about 73 km from Scano), ☏ +39 079 935011. Served by Ryanair with Pisa, Bologna, Milan-Bergamo and some European cities, and other airlines serving other national and European destinations
The line 703 ARST Bosa - Oristano makes stops at Scano.
- The nearby mountain of Sa Pattada, at over 1000 m.
- Domus de janas
- Giants' graves
- 1 Parish church of San Pietro Apostolo (Chiesa parrocchiale di San Pietro apostolo).
- 2 Church of San Giorgio (Chiesa di San Giorgio). Country church located in the pine forest of the town
- 3 Church of Sant'Antioco (Chiesa di Sant'Antioco).
- 4 Church of Santa Barbara (Chiesa di Santa Barbara).
- 5 Church of the Holy Cross (Chiesa di Santa Croce).
Places of natural interest
- 6 Sources of Sant'Antioco (Sorgenti di Sant'Antioco).
- Bird Park (Parco degli Uccelli), ☏ +39 0785-32582 , +39 340 4970705. Tu-Su 09:30–13:00, 16:30–20:00.
- 7 Natural monument of Sa Roda Manna. Located in a wooded area.
About 50 nuraghi are scattered in the surrounding countryside. Nuraghi are a type of ancient megalithic edifice found in Sardinia, developed during the Nuragic Age between 1900 and 730 BC.
- Sant'Antoni 'and su fogu. January 17.
- Sant'Antioco martyr sulcitano. Second Monday after Easter, last Monday of August, 13 November.
- Saint Peter the apostle. June 29. Patron of the country. The religious rites are followed by civil celebrations
- Sa festa 'e totta idda. Every 4 years in July and August.
- Traditional Sardinian "Mascaras" parade. Third week of July.
- RocKas Independent Festival. July or August. Music festival that takes place at the Sant'Antioco springs
- Blessed Virgin Queen of All Saints. 10-13 September. The religious rites are followed by civil celebrations
- Timballa de Arrosu, a timbale of rice with meat and vegetables
- Cassizolu of the Montiferru, a type of cheese
- 1 Carabinieri, Piazza SS. Errio and Silvano 8, ☏ +39 0785 32032. M-Sa 10:00-12:00.
- Polizia Municipale, ☏ +39 0785 329175. M-Sa 10:00-12:00.
- Post office, Via Monsignore Contini 6, ☏ +39 0785 32277. M-F 08:20-13:45, Sa 08:20-12:45.