Schaan is a city in Liechtenstein.
The main claim to fame of Schaan is being headquarters of Hilti. It is also the site of Liechtenstein's most important railway station
- 1 Schaan-Vaduz railway station. Served by trains between Buchs (Sankt Gallen, Switzerland) and Feldkirch (Austria)
- 2 Forst Hilti railway station. This station serves the eponymous company
Schaan-Vaduz station is the central hub for the national bus network of Liechtenstein run by Liemobil.
If you're driving, take the exit Buchs on the Swiss motorway A13 and cross the Rhine river into Liechtenstein and Schaan.
As is common in Liechtenstein, the official municipal boundaries of Schaan include a rather bizarre set of exclaves.
- 1 Church of St Laurentius.
Nightlife in Schaan consists of pubs, bars frequented by locals (including a sports bar) and nightclubs.
One of the most interesting and exciting bars in Schaan can be found on Bahnhofstrasse: The Central Garage. It's got a unique atmosphere with several pool tables and arcades, and serves excellent local and foreign beer - not to forget the infamous "Jägermeister-machine". It's a bar that shows live football, tennis and all other sports. Before heading home make sure you enjoy one of the infamous "Fleischkäs-Brötle" at Rhomberg's Bäckerei aka Didi's Wurststullen, which is located across the street.
- Hotel Lindenpic, Feldkircherstrasse 1, 9494 Schaan, ☏ . Nice rooms. centrally located. Good prices for Liechtenstein. Fr. 135 (double).
- Hotel Post, across from Schaan's Post Office/Bus Station/Train Station. Acceptable rooms. Good prices for Liechtenstein.
Continue to Vaduz