Jump to navigation Jump to search
The 1 railway station of Scuol-Tarasp is at the end of two lines of the Rhaetian Railway and as such all trains end here. There are two hourly trains:
- R train from Pontresina (1h 20min) via Samedan (1h 10min). This train runs along the Engadin valley.
- RE train from Disentis (3h 30min) via Chur (2h) and Klosters (40min). This train travels through the Vereina tunnel and comes all the way from the Surselva. This will be the train you want to take if you come from Zurich or most other places in Switzerland. Note that at night the trains don't travel the whole route.
- 1 Tarasp Castle, 7553 Tarasp, ☏ . Can only be visited on a guided tour. Tour timings vary seasonaly and are visible on the website.
- 2 Baselgia San Geer (Saint George Church). The protestant church of Scuol is quite impressive, as it sits on the edge of a cliff overlooking the river.
- 1 Motta Naluns ski area (70 km, 13 lifts). This ski area is shared with Ftan and Sent, both of which have free ski buses back to Scuol. Day pass Fr. 57/29 during peak season and Fr. 48/24 during off-peak season.
- 2 Taloipe Scuol-Martina (21 km skating and classic, 30 km including loops) (Bus stop Scuol, Serras or Martina, cunfin are the endpoints, access is also possible in the villages between). Cross-country skiing track, goes along the valley from Scuol to Martina. There are a couple optional extra loops on the way. Day pass: Fr. 8.
- 3 Bogn Engiadina, Via dals Bogns 323, ☏ , ✉ email@example.com. Daily 08:00-24:45, children under 16 only from 10:00 onwards. Thermal baths with sauna and Roman-Irish bath. 3 hours Fr. 26.50.
- 1 Restaurant La Terrassa, Stradun 400, ☏ .
- Take a bus to Samnaun, a village close to the Austrian border with the uncommon status of duty-free area