The town is predominantly inhabited by the Chinese and Malays.
Roads from many directions take travellers to the town. Entering Grand Saga Highway and drive along about 28 km straight into the Semenyih town is one of the options. Or take the Seremban State Road and after bypassing Lenggeng, Beranang, and Bandar Rinching Semenyih, you'll arrive in the town.
You may travel to ostrich farm which is about 10 km from Semenyih town towards Nirvana cemetery. Or visit the most popular Chinese temple at Broga which worshiping "God of Rock" (Sek Datuk). According to the local peoples saying that this God will bring you some Lottery Luck if you has faith with it.
At the morning, you can enjoy beautiful hill view when you exercise at the hill top in Broga. Just nice for city peoples enjoying uptown live.
- 1 Broga Hill Park (Bukit Broga), B34, 43500 Semenyih, Selangor, ☏ . 24 hours. Hiking adventure. From Broga Hill peak to Tok Wan Mountain peak (675 meter) MYR1.
- 2 Setia Ecohill Park. 6:00-19:00. A recreational park famous for jogging and exercise. It have many exercise stations and the trail is suitable for cycling.
You may buy a rabbit as your pet when you visit Rabbit Farm in Broga. At this farm, you and your kids may play around with the rabbits and later, pluck fruits from farm trees.
- 1 Tesco (Tesco Semenyih), 1, 1, Jalan Tps, 1, Taman, Taman Pelangi Semenyih, 43500 Semenyih, Selangor. 8AM-11PM. Groceries, paying tax, drinks, eats, apparels, hardwares, saloon, ATMs.
Plenty of good food you must try, at morning, travel to Semenyih old town and visiting curry mee stalls that are next to Semenyih school's field or drive into Semenyih Chinese New Village to enjoy various Chinese restaurant local cuisine. Afternoon, try some spicy pork soup namely as Siew Man Hot Soup which located at Semenyih main street. It behind the fruit stalls. Dinner time you can eat at Semenyih Sentral which has plenty of local Indian, Chinese, and Malays foods. Malik tauhu and cucuk udang (in front of the town public field, operated for more than 30 years) is famous among locals and those from neighbouring towns.
If you travel to Beranang, stops at Tesco Semenyih area where there are many small stalls selling hot meals and snacks at roadside. There are also big brand restaurants located there.
- 1 Secret Recipe (Secret Recipe Semenyih), No. 21-G & 21-1, Jalan TPS 1/3, Taman Pelangi Semenyih, ☏ . 10:30AM-10:30PM.
- Restoran Itik Salai Mastar, Lot 741, Kampung Rinching Hulu. It's in a traditional Malay settlement, down a narrow rural road. Locals come for the smoked duck and beef cooked with hot chilli coconut mixtures. It can be very busy. M-F 10AM-7PM, Sa-Su 10AM-8PM.
- Restaurant 52, Jalan Sungai Lalang Kampung Baru Semenyih. Tu-Su 11:30AM-2:45PM, 6PM-9:15PM. Chinese restaurant known for its fresh fish from the river.
Chill out the hot day by having green coconut drinks which you can buy anywhere along the Semenyih roadside. Also go to Tesco Semenyih area where many small stalls selling variety kind of viral and common drinks.
- 1 Starbucks (Starbucks Semenyih), 1, Jalan Tps 1/1 Taman Semenyih Pelangi Semenyih, 10 43500. 10AM-10PM. There is Drive-Thru service. MYR 6 to MYR 20+.
There are no any hotels or motels in Semenyih town, but you can stay at YL Motel at Jalan Semenyih's Taman Jasmin which is 8 km away from Semenyih.
For emergency, please dial 999 for any rescue.
After visiting Semenyih, you can head to Silk Highway and follow the sign to places you wish to go.