Songpa (송파) and Gangdong (강동) are in the eastern part of Seoul, along the Han River. Quieter and more residential then its hectic neighbor, Gangnam, Songpa nonetheless offers a fair number of attractions. The world's largest indoor theme park, Lotte World, is here, as is the Olympic Park and many of the facilities that were used the 1988 Seoul Olympics. And for fans of baseball and/or Korean Pop Culture, the Jamsil Sports Complex frequently hosts baseball games and K-pop concerts.
Subway line 8 runs through Songpa and continues to Namhansanseong.
- 1 Olympic Park. Built for the 1986 Asian Games and the 1988 Seoul Olympics. A lake, a large field covered with the grass, and a square with sculptures are very popular among visitors. It is frequently visited by brides and grooms to take their wedding pictures. There are a couple of courses that are ideal for jogging or walking. In addition, the outdoor stage and the six stadiums are often used for concerts and other special events. Also a well known modern art museum named SOMA Museum is in the park. It features modern artworks by both Korean and international artists. Museum, ₩3,000.
- Hanseong Baekje Cultural Festival is a festival which reenacts Hanseong Baekje’s traditions and culture. Baekje is one of Korea ancient nation (B.C. 18 – A.D. 660). The capital of Baekje had been located in Seoul for about 470 years (B.C. 1 – AD. 476). Historical sites and antiquities of Baekje were discovered in Seoul. To remember the history of Baekje, Hanseong Baekje Cultural Festival is held every year (September) in Olympic Park, Songpa-Gu, Seoul Korea. You can experience Holography, Riders ' equation, Ancient Tomb of Baekje, Baekje Experience Village, and Historical cultural distance matrix. In 2017, the festival was held during September 21st-24th in Olympic Park.
- 2 Iljasan Park (Gangdong). Park with sports facilities, many herb gardens and an astronomical observatory.
- Seoul Baekje Museum. Admission is free
- 3 Seokchon Lake. Actually two lakes divided by a road, surrounded by park with several playgrounds. This park is something of an oasis in the middle of the skyscraper landscape.
- 4 Lotte World Tower (Seoul Sky). 09:30~23:00(Last Ticketing at 22:00). Enjoy the view from the fifth tallest building in the world. Be sure to check the weather before entry. Adult (ages over 13) ₩27,000, Children (ages 3-12) ₩24,000.
- 5 Seoulchakbogo (서울책보고), Ogeum-ro 1-ga, Jamsil 4-dong, ☏ . 10AM~8:30PM (Monday is holiday). It is also a place where used books are collected and various cultural performances are held. There is also a cafe. It also has huge amounts of used books donated and sold and operated by the Seoul Metropolitan Government. If you like books, this place is recommended. Free.
- 6 Songlidan load, 45-5 in Songpa-dong. A hot place for young people these days. There are so many delicious restaurants and pretty cafes here. There are also many hidden cafes all over the place.
- 7 Lotte World Aquarium, 300 Lotte World Mall B1 to the Olympic Games, ☏ 1661-2000 . 10:00AM~8:00PM. The Lotte World Aquarium, which created the closest environment to nature for "Another Sea" sea friends who recreated the marine ecosystem of the five oceans around the world, is harmonized with ocean friends from all over the world. You can experience the aquarium directly and learn the importance of the sea while feeling it. Adult-31000₩ Child-27000₩.
- 8 Jamsil Automotive Theater, 25 to Jamsil-dong, ☏ . Night. This is a drive-in cinema. Watch movies with your acquaintances in your car with the Han River in the back, a very romantic place.
- 9 291 photograps, 300 Olympic Stadium, Jamsil-dong, Songpa-gu, Seoul, ☏ . 10:30am~20:00pm. This place is located inside Lotte Tower Mall and various photos of photographers are hung. There are 500 pictures and you can buy the pictures you want. Free.
- 1 Jamsil Sports Complex (Metro Line 2 and 9, Sports Complex Station). This large sports complex centered around Jamsil Olympic Stadium, built in 1976 and host to most of the competitions in the 1988 Seoul Olympics. Though its heady Olympic heydays are long past, this sports complex is still very much active and frequently hosts various cultural and sporting events, most frequently concerts and baseball games. At Jamsil Baseball Stadium, Doosan Bears and LG Twins are home to this arena. Baseball here is very popular. It is, in fact, probably the most popular team sport in the entire country. You can feel the craze during the match. Booking tickets is tricky for non-Korean speakers. It's probably best to book tickets through an agency or third party instead of directly online.
- 2 Lotte World (Metro Line 2, Jamsil Station). This complex has a Lotte Department Store, a theatre which hosts the show Ballerina Who Loves a B-Boy, a Lotte luxury hotel, a large indoor ice skating rick, and a traditional Korean folk museum. However, what it is most famous for is one of the world's largest indoor theme park. Lots of rides, and reopened in the summer of 2007 after a massive reconstruction. Though it may seem attractive on a rainy day, remember that others will have the same idea. Especially on the weekends and on holidays, if it's raining, watch out for mind-numbing lines.
- 3 Jamsil Cart Experience Center(잠실카트체험장), 1168-4 Jamsil-dong, Songpa-gu, Seoul, ☏ . 10AM-18PM. It's a cart experience ground. You can use the cart as much as you want for a certain period of time and enjoy the speed.
- 4 Rockstar Climibng(락스타클라이밍), The 435 Yes Building, Baekje Gobun-ro, Songpa-gu, Seoul, ☏ 010-4103-0819 . 11AM~23PM. It is a place where you can encounter climbing that you won't encounter easily. You can do it with difficulty. You can choose difficulty.
- 1 Garak Market, 298 Garak-dong, Songpa-gu (Metro Line 8, Garak Market Station). This is an enormous farmer's and fish market.
- 2 Garden5 (Metro Line 8, Jangji Station). This is a large, very new mall and shopping complex that is part of the district government's efforts to make Songpa more of a center of culture and commerce. This complex is somewhat of a hybrid, selling both consumer goods and acting as a distribution center for manufacturers and wholesalers.
- 3 Lotte Department Store (Metro Line 2, Jamsil Station). Part of the above-mentioned complex that includes Lotte World, the Lotte Department Store here is a standard Korean Department Store - except, of course, all the other attractions attached to it.
- 4 Olympic-ro (Metro Line 2, Sincheon Stn). The stretch of road from the sports complex to Lotte World has a fair number of stores and cafes here, and they're open quite late because of the nearby Sincheon nightlife area (see below). Nothing special, you'll find the typical clothing and gadget stores you find everywhere else.
- 5 BangE Market, 41 Baekje Gobun-ro, Songpa-gu, Seoul, ☏ 070-8953-3811 . 10:00am~18:00pm. The room market is not a big market. But nothing is missing. If you're curious about Korea's market for a while, you can take a look around.
- 1 Olympic Road, Sincheon-dong Viking Sweep, ivikings.co.kr, toll-free: 1644-3210 . Friday 11:30 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. From 6:00 to 10:00 p.m. Saturday 11:30 a.m. to 1:30 p.m. 2:00 to 4:00 p.m. 5:30 to 7:30 p.m. 8:00-10:00 p.m. Sunday 11:30 a.m. to 1:30 p.m. 2:00 to 4:00 p.m. 5:30 to 7:30 p.m. 8:00-10:00 p.m. Monday 11:30 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. From 6:00 to 10:00 p.m. Tuesday 11:30 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. From 6:00 to 10:00 p.m. Wednesday (Power rumor) 11:30 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. From 6:00 to 10:00 p.m. Time may vary Thursday 11:30 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. From 6:00 to 10:00 p.m. This is a buffet of unlimited food, especially lobster. It is expensive, but there are so many kinds of food to eat. A good place to go on a special day, if not often. 100$.
- 2 Ashley Queens, 40 Olympic Road, Jamsil-dong, ☏ . 11:00am~10:00pm. This is the highest Ashley Queens in the class. It has the most kinds of food and makes various foods such as Japanese, Korean, and Korean food. The price is not expensive, so you can eat it with satisfaction. 15900₩~24900₩.
- 3 Yorihanennamja (요리하는남자), 27 Baekje Ancient Tomb 7-gil, Jamsil-dong, ☏ . 11:30AM~22:00PM. Inside, you can enjoy a pleasant atmosphere, and nice food. 17000₩~40000₩.
- 4 Godosik, 55-7 in Songpa-dong, ☏ . 4:00pm~12;00am. It is not a typical meat restaurant but a house that sells pork like a steak. It tastes great. 13000₩~16000₩.
- 5 Olderplate (올더플레이트), 25 Baekje Ancient Tomb-ro 45-gil, ☏ . The venue does not use ground or ground meat for more than 2 days, and prides itself for using fresh ingredients inside a clean environment. 13900₩~.
- 6 DanDi (단디), 7 Baekje Ancient Tomb-ro 45-gil, ☏ . 11:30am~21:30Pm. This house specializes in Daechang rice, which can only be found in Korea. 9000KRW~13500KRW.
- 7 Lalabread, 4 Ogeum-ro 16-gil, Songpa-gu, Seoul, ☏ 1800-1990 . 10AM~10PM. It is a store that sells sandwiches etc. by baking bread by itself. You can enjoy brunch or lunch lightly. 10000₩~11000₩.
- 1 Sincheon (신천) (one street back from Olympic-ro). A large nightlife district. This is not Sinchon (신촌), another nightlife district that is frequently mixed up because of the name - Sinchon is in Seodaemun/Mapo, which is the opposite side of the city and mainly caters to university students. Sincheon, on the other hand, is populated more by local businessmen; in Korea, getting drunk together with co-workers is seen as essential to building working relationships, which is one of the reasons why Korea has such a high rate of drinking. If you are a foreigner working in a Korean office or visiting Korea for a business trip, you may find yourself visiting this neighbourhood.
- 2 Onhwa(온화), 15 Baekje gobun-ro 45-gil, Songpa-gu, Seoul. 12PM~23PM. The cafe is located in Songni-Dan-gil and the souffle pancake is a famous cafe. Inside, it gives a beige color, which makes it Drink-5000~ cake-15000~.
- 3 JenJen, 34 Baekje Gobun-ro, Songpa-gu, Seoul, ☏ . 12pm~10pm. It specializes in cake and milk tea. Store has a good reputation cake-11000₩~.
- 4 Take a shower(테이크 어 샤워), 1 47-gil Songpa-daero, Songpa-gu, Seou, ☏ 070-4307-0910 . 12PM-10PM. This place has a cute charm and is a great cafe to post photos on SNS. Americano-1500₩.
- 5 Anggwa, Ogeumro 18-gil, Songpa-gu, Seoul 10, ☏ . 12PM~22PM. This is the first Dorayaki house in Korea. Dorayaki is an unfamiliar dessert and will be curious. The price is low, too. 2800₩~4000₩.
- 6 Onjung(온정), Garak-ro 15-gil, Songpa-gu, Seoul 9, ☏ . 11AM~24PM. This is a famous house for raw fruit tart. I recommend various flavors of tart. Americano-3500 tart-6500.
- 7 Craft island(크래프트아일랜드), 35 to the Olympics in Songpa-gu, Seoul 10, ☏ . 16:00pm - 24:00pm. It is a beer house and is also well prepared for beer. Beer-5500~8000₩.
- 8 Jamsil branch of 1987 loop tower(1987루프탑라운지), 11 Olimpic-ro32-gil, Songpa-gu, Seoul, ☏ . 17:00pm~03:00am. This bar is characterized by its roof top. You can eat while watching the night view of Seoul. Beer-5000₩~.
- 9 Motoqurasi(모토쿠라시), 27 Baekje Gobun-ro 41-gil, Songpa-gu, Seoul, ☏ 010-3852-6327 . 12:00PM-24:00AM. Izakayada. They mainly sell sake, a Japanese liquor.You can also eat seafood-related foods. 10000₩~25000₩.
- 10 Radiohead pub(라디오헤드 펍), 22-6 Olympic-ro 32-gil, Songpa-gu, Seoul, ☏ . 18:00PM-03:00AM. You can taste five draft beer managed by a winner of the Philsten Bartender contest, and you can enjoy a selection of wines and hard work for three to one hundred thousand won.You can request songs. We try to play them according to the latest pop, old pop, rock, hard rock, and blues. Beer-6000~8000₩.
- 11 Tong(통), Seoul Songpa-gu, Seoul, 18-gil, Yiseung-daero, 14, ☏ . 16:30pm~02:00am. Salmon sashimi and alcohol can be eaten in a quiet atmosphere. salmon sashimi-25000₩.
Sincheon has a number of love motels. There is one particular area where a few dozen are clustered together.
- 1 Lotte hotel world(롯데월드호텔), 240 Olympic Road, Jamsil-dong, Songpa-gu, Seoul, ☏ . Check-in: 15:00pm, check-out: 11:00am. It is a five-star hotel with perfect facilities around it and the station is also near.The price is a little expensive. 110000₩~.
- 2 Dellight hotel(딜라이트호텔), 36-5 in Bangbang 2-dong, Songpa-gu, Seoul, ☏ . Check-in: 02:00pm, check-out: 11:00am. It's a reasonable price for a night's sleep. There is Seokchon Lake nearby. 85000₩.
- 3 Hotel Lake, 158 Seokchon-dong, Songpa-gu, Seoul, ☏ . Check-in: 2:00pm, check-out: 11:00am. Hotel Lake is located 11 minutes' walk from Seokchon Station Exit 8 of Subway Line 8. Seokchon Lake, a downtown rest stop, is located across from the hotel, and Lotte World Tower, the 6th highest place in the world, is located 15 minutes away on foot. 67000₩~.
There are various subway lines in Songpa-gu. Lines 2, 8, 5, etc. are various and you can go anywhere you want.
|Routes through Songpa|
|END ←||W E||→ Shinchone → Jamsil]]|
|Routes through Songpa|
|END ←||W E||→ Moran → Jamsil]]|