Yeongdeungpo (영등포) and Guro [dead link] (구로) are districts in Seoul. Yeongdeungpo is mostly a commercial area, and many of the nation's media companies are based here especially in Yeouido. The island of Yeouido is located in Yeongdeungpo-gu, and is site for National Assembly, headquarter of LG and Korean Broadcasting System, and many financial companies and shopping centers.
Yeongdeungpo is served by subway lines 1, 2, 5, 7 and 9. Guro is served by subway lines 1, 2 and 7.
- 1 KBS Hall (Line 9 National Assembly Station). Home of KBS Philharmonic Orchestra and KBS Traditional Music Orchestra.
- 2 63 Building (63 빌딩 or 육삼 빌딩), Yeongdeungpo-gu, ☏ . This striking building was the tallest outside North America when it opened in 1985 at 250 meters. It has an art gallery and observation deck on level 60 that allows you to see far and wide over the city. Many of the SimCity computer games used the image of this building as actual playable objects and as cover art.
- 3 Korean National Assembly Building. The seat of the South Korean government and a work of contemporary architecture.
- 4 SeMA Bunker (North exit of the IFC Mall, 10 min walk from Yeoido Station(Line 5, 9)). The former bunker built during the 70s military government. No records or data about the bunker were left. It was found in 2005 during the bus transfer center construction, and was reopened as a gallery in 2017. It is park of the Seoul Museum of Arts. Free.
- 1 Seonyudo Park, 343, Seonyu-ro, Yeongdeungpo-gu (From Seonyudo Station(Line 9, exit 1 or 2), 10 min. walk will lead to a pedestrian bridge connected to Seonyudo. From Dangsan Station(Line 2, 9), there is a walkway to Yangwha Hangang park next to exit 4. 15 min. walk from the station across the park and Yangwha Bridge will lead to Seonyudo.), ☏ . This is a park with many gardens in the island of Seonyudo. The island was a site of water purification plant until 2000, and was converted to a park in 2002. Many of the sculptures and architectures are remnants of the previous plant, and won many awards such as Korean Architecture Institute Award and American Society of Landscape Architects Award. It is now a nice photo spot used by Seoul citizens. English pamphlets can be downloaded from here.
- 2 Yeouido Park, 120, Yeouigongwon-ro, Yeongdeungpo-gu / 영등포구 여의공원로 120 (여의도동) (10 min. walk from Yeouido Station(Line 5, 9. exit 3)). More than 30,000 visit it on weekdays and over 60,000 on weekends. The size of the park is 230,000 m². This site was an airfield until 1971, and was used as Seoul's main airport before Gimpo Airport. There is a traditional Korean forest, and in many other places you can enjoy concerts, cycling, or taking walks. Hundreds of trees and flowers offer you shade and an opportunity to relax. It is recommended to visit the three ponds. There are also basketball courts, so feel free to stop by and play. For a nominal fee, one can also rent bicycles or roller blades for use at the park.
- 3 Gocheok Sky Dome (고척스카이돔) (5 min. walk from Guil Station(Line 1, exit 2).). A new baseball, multi-cultural dome. It is home to Kiwoom Heroes and hosts variety of K-pop concerts.
- Ride a bike Yeoi-do has the most extensive bike roads in Seoul. There are many bike rental shops in the Yeoido park and Seoul bike (Ttareungyi) spots across the island. Try riding through the business district, residential apartment area, and along the Han river.
- 1 Techno Mart (Sindorim), 97 Saemal-ro, Guro-gu, Seoul (Next to Gangbyeon St.). The Techno Marts at Sindorim station.There are two Techno Marts in Seoul: the original at Gangbyeon station, and the new store at Sindorim station. Both complexes house over 2,000 stores across eight floors that sell a variety of high-tech products. From electrical appliances to computers, you will find everything you need. The first floor has cosmetics, accessories, and stationeries. The second and third floors comprise Korean-made electrical goods, while the fourth and fifth floors sell foreign-made electrical appliances. The sixth floor sells cell phones and their accessories. Computers are sold on the seventh, and on the eighth music and DVDs. Aside from all the high-tech gadgetry, there are over a dozen restaurants on the 9th floor, and a cineplex and arcade on the 10th.
- 1 Dahee (다희), 69road 7, Yeoidaebang-ro Yeoido-dong, Yeongdeungpo-gu. 4pm~10pm. This is the oldest korean cocktail bar and there is the oldest korean bartender. You can enjoy all over 20 cocktails for just 5,000 won. However you can not enjoy over 4 cups of coctail at once. The bar pretty small that others won't be able to enjoy it if you stay too long. But don't disappointed, the bartender makes cocktail very toxic. So if you take 4 cups of cocktail then you should go home.
- 1 Sheraton Seoul D Cube City Hotel, 662 Gyeongin-ro, Guro-gu (Sindorim subway station, lines 1 & 2), ☏ .
|Guro District, Seoul|