Serra Negra is a city in Campinas Region of São Paulo state. Serra Negra is a popular regional tourism destination for its mineral springs, rural tourism and shopping (clothes, handcrafts and furniture).
Founded in 1828, Serra Negra dedicated its early days to coffee farming, like other towns of the Paulista Water Circuit. Nowadays the city is heavily dedicated to tourism, providing one of the best tourist infrastructures in the region, with a lively city center and a good number of hotels both in the urban and rural areas of the municipality.
- Praça João Pessoa, Center (Between Av. Bernardino de Campos and Av. Vinte e Três de Setembro). The main touristic square of Serra Negra, containing a water fountain, tourist services, and giving access to the cable car and the city tour.
- [dead link] Igreja Matriz Nossa Senhora do Rosário, Praça Lourenço Franco de Oliveira - Centro. Serra Negra's central church, in Roman style, constructed in 1841, although many characteristics were added later in 1916.
- Praça Barão do Rio Branco. Scenic public square containing the city's public forum.
- Pico da Fonseca (Access using Antonio Jorge José). The top of the 1080 m high peak can be accessed either by car or cable car. It contains a 18-meter high Redeemer Christ statue and a panoramic view of the city.
- Alto da Serra (Access using R. Quatorze de Julho and R. Paulo Marchi). 1310 m high panoramic view of the Mantiqueira mountain range.
- Parque das Fontes, Av. Deputado Romeu de Campos Vergal - Centro (Entrance near Travessa Agostinho de Oliveira). Public park containing three mineral springs and some walking trails.
- Parque Fonte Santo Agostinho, R. Eliseu Francisco de Godoy - Centro (270 m from the Cable car). Public park containing the Sto. Agostinho and Sta. Luzia mineral springs.
- Parque Fonte São Luiz, Rua Sete (Near crossing with Av. João Gerosa). Public park containing the São Luiz and Albino Brunhara mineral springs, plus other recreational facilities.
- Cable Car, Praça João Pessoa - Centro (Near Rua Paulina). The cable car gives access to the Pico da Fonseca, where it is possible to have a panoramic view of the city.
- Trenzinhos Tia Linda e Maria Fumaça, Praça João Pessoa - Centro. City tour using train-like vehicles. Two routes are offered.
- Balneário Municipal (Municipal Bath), R. Nossa Senhora do Rosário (At Centro de Convenções Circuitos da Água), ☎ . Public bath with mineral water immersion, sauna and massages.
- Conjunto Aquático Municipal, Rua Antonio Jorge José - Centro. Public swimming pool that can be used for a small fee.
- Lago dos Macaquinhos, Rodovia Amparo-Serra Negra km 148 (6 km from the city center), ☎ . Private park offering animal seeing and various family-oriented activities. R$ 5.
Serra Negra is a regional shopping destination, with the shops concentrated at Rua Cel. Pedro Penteado, Rua Sete de Setembro and around. Popular products are wool and linen clothes, leather clothes and accessories, handcrafts and handmade furniture.
- Café Boteco, Travessa Tenente Mário Dallari, 20 - Centro, ☎ . tue-sat 11AM-00PM, sun 11AM-09PM. Brazilian-style pub with Brahma chopp.
- 40 Pizza Bar (Chopp 40), Avenida Laudo Natel, N 200, ☎ . Popular chopp in town. Serves also snack and a good variety of pizza.
- Monte Alegre do Sul - Small town founded by Italian immigrants, with a charming historic center and renowned cachaça brewers