Serra da Bocaina National Park (Portuguese: Parque Nacional da Serra da Bocaina) is a national park in southeastern Brazil. It is in eastern part of São Paulo State along the border of Rio de Janeiro State.
Protecting the largest continuous expanse of the country's Atlantic Forest inside Serra do Mar, the park Serra da Bocaina has several species of animals and plants, and waterfalls amid dense vegetation, such as the Deer. The park has an administrative office and a guest house within its limits.
Flora and fauna
The Atlantic Forest vegetation is represented by large trees as murici, various palms, trumpet trees, cops and baguaçus. Above 1500m we found cedar, pine and wild pines, among others. In addition, various types of bromeliads throughout the park.
The destination to be reached is São José do Barreiro, 27 km from the park.
- Cachoeira de Santo Isidro
- Cachoeira das Posses
- Cachoeira dos Veados
- Pico do Tira o Chapéu
- Trail of Gold (Trilha do Ouro). 73-km trail which ends at Angra dos Reis, taking 3 days.
- Mirante da Bocaina, ☏ . It is best to call first.
- Pousada Fazenda da Barra, Estr. Vereador Aurélio Teixeira Coimbra s/n, Formoso, São José do Barreiro, tel. +55 12 3117-1166 or +55 12 3117-1462.
- Pousada Campos da Bocaina (3 Km from the park), ☏ . Horse ridings and camping also available. R$165 for a double.
- Pousada da Terra. Fully isolated to 1,200 meters in a beautiful private forest reserve near the national park of Serra da Bocaina, it's a charming small inn, fully integrated with nature.