Shëngjin is in Lezhë. Shëngjin is a growing beach town located in Northwest Albania well known for its Adriatic coastline and tourist accommodations. Shëngjin is quickly becoming one of the must see locations in Albania for day trippers or those looking for a relaxing getaway by the coast.
Shëngjin's district, Lezhë, has thousands of years of history that has provided this beach city with a unique Mediterranean culture. Home to some of the most historic and heroic moments in Albania's history, the Lezhë district has become well known for its history as much as its sandy coastline. The people of Shëngjin, like the rest of the people of Albania, are known for their hospitality.
By bus: In the summer months it is possible to take a bus between Shëngjin and neighboring city Lezhë. Buses routes between Shëngjin and Lezhë costs 50 lek and take approximately 15 minutes to ride. The location for bus drop-offs and pick-ups are throughout the city of Shëngjin and Lezhë.
By taxi/furgon: Furgons (or minivan taxis) run year around from Shëngjin to neighboring city Lezhë. Furgon rides between Shëngjin and Lezhë costs 100 lek and take approximately 10-15 minutes. The locations for furgons drop-offs and pick-ups are throughout the city of Shëngjin and Lezhë. Furgons are the most common form of transportation in the area and are easy to locate as they drive through the city from morning till night.
By boat: The ferry connection with Brindisi was reinstated in June 2015 running twice a week by European Seaways in the summer. Ferry departs from Brindisi at 23:00 and arrives in Shëngjin at 07:00. It departs from Shëngjin at noon (12:00) and arrives in Brindisi at 20:00.
By Car: U can go through the Village Shengjin from main road, in crossroads between Lezha and Shkodra go left after 10km u arrive in destination. Road is with limit speed in 40-50km per hour.
Most visitors get around Shëngjin by walking along the make road or along the coastline. However, it is possible to take a bus, taxi, or furgon throughout the city. Just be aware that most of these means of transportation often lead out of town to the neighboring city, Lezhë. If you wish to travel within the city, make it clear to the driver where you want to go, or else you may be taken out of town on the more typical transportation routes.
- 1 Rana e Hedhun. This is an undeveloped stretch of coastline just north of the city well known for its sand dunes and seascape near the mountain ridge.
- 2 Kune Laguna. Located just south of the city, this area is well known for its natural beauty and wildlife.
- 3 Mountains. The surrounding mountain ridge provides great views to the sea as well as the city.
Shëngjin offers a wide arrange of outdoor activities including:
- Walk in Square.
UNUM FESTIVAL, firstname.lastname@example.org. Unum Festival is an open-air electronic music festival at “Rana e Hedhun” beach. The festival aims to promote the idyllic Albanian Coastline and aims to encourage and stimulate the electronic music culture in the region, by offering a variety of activities under the sound of many respected artists. It is characterized by five simple elements of life; music, sand, pines, the sea and the mountains. The golden beach of Rana e Hedhun is the place where the festival hosts its international and local acts over the course of 5 days and 4 nights.
Common souvenirs in the Shëngjin area include the popular drink raki, handcrafted goods, beach accessories and paintings by local artists. Souvenirs can be found in the shopping district in Shëngjin on the main road in the middle of the city. The local currency is lek, but some establishments also accept the euro.
- Sea Souvenirs.
Shëngjin's restaurants are best known for offering the freshest seafood in the region. Tourists greatly enjoy the local seafood dishes caught by the local fisherman. Shëngjin also offers Albanian and Italian-influenced cuisine in its restaurants. Some of Shëngjin's most popular restaurants include;
- 1 Detari, Restorant Vila Detari, Bulevardi Nënë Tereza Shën Shqipëria, 4503, ☏ . in the center of the city, this restaurant offers fresh seafood caught by the owners boat.
- 2 Restorant Rapsodia, ☏ . 09:00-00:00. known for its Italian and European dishes, Rapsodia is one of the most frequented restaurants in the area. Rapsodia is located on the main road that links Shëngjin to the neighboring city Lezhë.
- Trendafili Mistik- by Kune & Vain (Laguna), this restaurant is popular with the locals because of their seafood and duck dishes.
- Complex Kristi- on Rana e Hedhun, this cafe and restaurant has some of the best views in the region. The restaurant also offers some of the best fresh seafood in town.
Like other Albanian towns, Shëngjin's drink of choice is "raki", which is produced from local grapes. Visitors also enjoy drinking wine produced in northern Albania that is sold at many of the cafes and restaurants across town.
Many resort style hotels have been built along the beachfront. Some of Shëngjin's top hotels include Hotel President, Hotel Ermiri Palace, Hotel Antag, and Hotel Rafaelo. The accommodations are spread out from the southern to the northern parts of the city, and they also range in price. The hotels fill up with guests during the summer months when thousands pour in to visit the Adriatic coast.
- 1 Rafaelo Resort, Rruga Vilave, Shëngjin (10km from Lezha). Check-in: from 14:00 until 20:00, check-out: from 07:00 until 11:00. Set only a couple of minutes' drive from Skenderbeg, Rafaelo Resort Shengjin offers luxury accommodation with a swimming pool and a restaurant. Guests can get to the centre of Shengjin within a 5-minute walk, while Lezhe Castle is set 6 km away.
Mali i Shengjinit Mountain is less than 2.5 km away. Shengjin Beach is also located near the hotel.
This accommodation offers rooms with cable satellite TV, a multi-channel TV and a balcony. Guests can enjoy views of the sea. Nice touches to enhance your stay include a roll in shower, a walk-in shower and showers.
- Hotel Romantika, Rruga Kenalle - Kune Kune Shengjin, Shengjin 4501 Albania. Situated in Shëngjin, 500 metres from Shëngjin Beach, Romantika features accommodation with a garden, free private parking and a terrace. Free WiFi and a 24-hour front desk are available.
You can buy a local SIM card for around €10 (1200 lek). All the telephonic shops have touristic offers. You must provide ID (passport) to buy the SIM.
Many local cafes and hotels offer free Wi-Fi service to their customers.
Shëngjin is 7 km from Lezhë, 10 km from Laç, 28 km from Shkodër, 55 km from Durrës, 58 km from Tirana, and 60 km from the Tirana International "Mother Teresa" Airport. All of these locations can be accessed by bus, minivan taxi (furgon), or taxi. Visitors to the area have found that transportation is fairly easy to navigate in this area.