Sheridan is a typical boom and bust town, having started off with cattle ranching and then been supported by the oil, gas, and coal exploration in the surrounding areas. In the past ten years Sheridan has been remaking itself as a tourist destination where people can catch a glimpse of the "old west" and enjoy many of the features of the "new west".
The town is a destination for many people visiting Yellowstone or the Black Hills.
Sheridan County Airport has non-stop service on Great Lakes Airlines to Denver.
Driving north on I-25 or I-90, just before you enter the state of Montana, you'll pass Sheridan.
Greyhound's interline partners Jefferson Lines and Black Hills Stage both offer service to this station from Billings MT to the North or from Buffalo WY coming from the south. This station is open 24 hours.
- 1 Trail End Historical House.
- Bradford Brittian Memorial. A historical home of an early cattle rancher with some excellent art.
Sheridan has many events throughout the year. One of the more popular events is the Sheridan Rodeo.
- The Bighorn Mountains. A still relatively unspoiled area great for hiking, fishing, backpacking, hunting, etc.
- 1 The Mint, 151 N Main St, ☎ . Check out all the cattle brands on the walls. This is a real cowboy bar (or once was).
- 1 Hampton Inn, 980 Sibley Circle (Off I-90, 5th st exit), ☎ . Check-in: 2:00, check-out: 11:00.
- 2 Motel 6, 911 Sibley Circle (Off I-90, 5th st exit), ☎ , fax: .
- 3 Sheridan Inn, 856 Broadway St, ☎ . Historic downtown hotel, opened in 1893.
|Routes through Sheridan|
|Billings ← Crow Agency ←||W/N E/S||→ Buffalo → Rapid City/Casper|
|Yellowstone N.P. ← Greybull ←||W E||→ Gillette → Rapid City|