About 1hr 30min by car away to Asahikawa Airport.
There are other bus services operated by Dohoku Bus [formerly dead link], from Asahikawa to Nayoro with 12 round trips per day.
Hokkaido expwy runs from Sapporo to Shibetsu-Kenbuchi IC. There are plans to extend Nayoro.
JR Soya Main Line passes through in the city. There are 4 stations from south to north,
- 1 Shibetsu Station (士別駅), 8chome, Nishi3,. Central city. Limited Express stops.
- 2 Shimoshibetsu Station (下士別駅), Shimoshibetsu-cho,.
- 3 Tayoro Station (多寄駅), Tayoro-cho,.
- 4 Mizuho Station (瑞穂駅), 31sen, Tayoro-cho,.
Shibetsu Kido operates local bus service in the around Shibetsu.
- 1 [dead link] Hills of Sheep and Cloud (Hitsuji-to-Kumo-no-oka, 羊と雲の丘), 5351, Nisishibetsu-cho (about 10 min by car from Shibetsu station), ☏ , fax: . Dude ranch for Suffolk sheep which features a shop and restaurant.
- 1 Yamamoto Kashiho, 5Chome, Oodoori-Nishi, ☏ . M-Sa 09:30 - 19:00, Su 09:30 - 18:00. Local Japanese patisserie.
Sheep cuisine is provided at the hotels and restaurants in the city.
- [dead link] Hills of Sheep and Cloud (Hitsuji-to-Kumo-no-oka, 羊と雲の丘), 5351, Nisishibetsu-cho. The restaurant in the dude ranch. To provide a lamb (mutton) variety of cuisines. Jinngisukan-don (dish with mutton and vegetables bowl) ¥980, Lamb set meal ¥2000, etc..
- 1 Lake Iwaonai Shirakaba Campsite (岩尾内湖白樺キャンプ場), Iwaonai, Asahi-cho,, ☏ . Campsite is located on the shore of the dan lake "Lake Iwaonai". Open period May - Oct. Free..
- 2 Shibetsu City Cycling Terninal (士別市サイクリングターミナル), 1, Higashi7, Kita9, (2km away to Shibetsu station.), ☏ . Check-in: 16:00, check-out: 10:00. Located in Tsukumo Suigo Park, which features a free camp ground. There are 50 rental bikes, Stay +2 meals ¥6400+..
- 3 Shibetsu Grand Hotel (士別グランドホテル), 8chome, Nishi3, (15-min walk to Shibetsu station), ☏ . Check-in: 16:00, check-out: 10:00. Inntbe central city. Stay only ¥5500+, breakfast ¥1000+, dinner ¥2000+..
|Routes through Shibetsu|
|Wakkanai ← Nayoro ←||N S||→ Asahikawa →|
|END ←||N S||→ Asahikawa → Takikawa|