Srivardhan (taluka) is an ancient place of historical importance and is mentioned as being visited by Arjuna Pandav in his pilgrimage.It is well known place for traders in the past.In sixteenth and seventeenth centuries under Ahmadnagar and afterwards under Bijapur shrivardhan was a port of consequence. It appears in the accounts of leading European travellers as Ziffardan. In 1538 Dom Joao de Castro described it as with little water in the pier at low tide but inside large and roomy. [Primeiro Roteiro da Costa da India, 47.] It is notable as the birth-place of Balaji Visvanath , the first Pesva (1713-1720) who was the desmukh of the town. In 1713 Srivardhan was one of the sixteen fortified places in the Konkan ceded by Balaji Visvanath Pesva to Kanhoji Ahgre of Kolaba.Balaji was the first Peshwa of Maratha Empire appointed by Chhatrapati Shahu.
- Mumbai, 185 km via roads; Route: Mumbai-Panvel-Pen-Kolad-Mangaon-Mhasla-Srivardhan
- Pune, 165 km via roads; Route: Pune-Tamhini-Kolad-Indapur-Mangaon-Mhasla-Srivardhan.
- Kolhapur, 250 km via roads; Route: Kolhapur-Karar-Satara-Mahabaleshwar-Poladpur-Mahad-Veer-Mangaon-Mhasla-Shrivardhan.
If the beaches along Srivardhan are marvelous then the adventure sports available at the Kondivili beach are out of this world. Situated at almost 4-5 km from Srivardhan the Kondivli beach simply refuses to be faithful to the general definition of a beach.
Apart from Kondivili beach you can also go to Dive Agar or Harihareshwar which are villages near by the Taluka place Shrivardhan which is the main town in Shrivardhan Tehsil.
As you are on the seashores of Konkan, You should enjoy Fish Curry and other local fish dishes. Sol Curry ( Solkadhi), Ukdiche Modak ( Sweet momo- traditional recipes of Konkan), Amboli and Ghavan are typical mouthwatering traditional Konkani food. You can get these items at home stays as well as at local hotels and restaurants.
- Subhan Beach Resort, Kalcha Jivana, ☏ . Subhan beach resort is on the Shrivardhan beach
- Savli Resort Shriwardhan, Shriwardhan (Juneshwar Pakhadi), ☏ . Check-in: 7AM to 11PM, check-out: 11AM. ₹800.