Jump to navigation Jump to search
An overnight train from Tehran departs every second day. 1 Shushtar railway station (ایستگاه راه آهن شوشتر) is located west of the city centre.
- 1 Historical Hydraulic System (سازههای آبی شوشتر). A hydralic system built on the river Kârun as far back as the 5th century B.C. under the reign of King Darius. It comprises a UNESCO World Heritage site.
- 2 Band-e Kaisar. Ancient arc bridge, built by the Romans in the 3rd century AD.
- 3 Band Mizan. The Mizan dam, which splits the Kârun river into two channels, Gargar and Shatit.
- 4 Salasel Castle. Part of the UNESCO World Heritage site, Salasel castle is now almost completely in ruins. However, the tunnels and cellars is still open to explore.
swimming, boating and kayaking
- Mostoufi House. Iranian dishes. Located in a Qajar era courtyard house overlooking the historic bridge on the Karoun River. Walking distance from Salasel Castle. Also sells Iranian handicrafts such as pottery and Tarmeh.