- 1 Sibiu — a compact city with German flair, medieval charm, excellent views of the surrounding landscapes, great food, and stunning parkland
- 2 Biertan — one of the most important Saxon villages with fortified churches in Transylvania, and a UNESCO World Heritage Site
- 3 Dumbrăveni — it has a massive Armenian Catholic Church, built between 1766-1791
- 4 Mediaș — one of the best preserved historical centres in Romania and also some well preserved medieval fortifications
- 5 Ocna Sibiului — popular for the rejuvenating effects of its salt lakes
Sibiu County used to have a large Saxon (German) population, but they accounted for only 1% of the population in 2011. Over 90% of the country's residents are ethnic Romanians.
Sibiu International Airport is served by daily flights from Bucharest, Dortmund, London, Madrid, Memmingen, Munich, Nuremberg, Stuttgart and Vienna.
- E81 Satu Mare - Zalău - Cluj - Sebeș -Sibiu- Râmnicu Vâlcea - Pitești
- E68 Arad - Deva - Sebeș -Sibiu- Făgăraș - Brașov
- DN1 Bucharest - Ploiești - Brașov -Sibiu- Alba Iulia - Cluj - Oradea
- DN7 Bucharest - Râmnicu Vâlcea -Sibiu- Deva - Arad
- DN14 Sibiu- Sighișoara
Trains arrive in Sibiu from Vințu de Jos, Braşov, Râmnicu Vâlcea, Copșa Mică, and Agnita.
The main tourist attractions in the county are:
- The city of Sibiu with its medieval fortifications and its historic centre
- The medieval city of Mediaș
- The medieval Saxon fortified churches and villages from Transylvania, some of them being UNESCO World Heritage Sites: Biertan, Valea Viilor, Cisnădie, Cisnădioara, Slimnic, amd Agnita
- The Făgăraș Mountains
- The Bâlea Valley and the Transfăgărășan road
- The Negoiu Peak
- Păltiniș mountain resort and the Cindrel Mountains
- Ocna Sibiului, Bazna and Miercurea Sibiului Spa towns
- The Mărginimea Sibiului rural area
- 1 Cârța Monastery (Mănăstirea Cârța). Ruins of the former Cistercian monastery, founded 1202-1206 by monks from Igriș abbey and disbanded in 1494.
- 2 Interethnic Museum of the Hârtibaciu Valley (Muzeul Interetnic al Văii Hârtibaciului), Alțâna, ☏ .
- 3 The Fortified Church of Alțâna (Biserica fortificată din Alțâna).
- 4 Old Mill (Moara Veche), Hosman, ☏ . May-Sep: M-Sa 12:00-16:00.
- 5 The Fortified Church of Hosman (Biserica fortificată din Hosman).