Sierpe is a small town at the base of the Osa Peninsula in South Pacific Costa Rica.
Sierpe is a little town close to Corcovado National Park. It has only a few inhabitants. Everything in town is right next to the Rio Sierpe which is influenced by the sea.
Best way to get to Sierpe from/to San Jose, Jaco, Quepos, Manuel Antonio, Dominical, Uvita, and Ojochal is Easy Ride Shuttle Services. They run twice a day both ways with modern vans, professional drivers, air-con.
From Palmar Norte there will be scammers offering you to bring you to Sierpe for ₡8,000 or USD15. Once the taxi driver comes, he will turn on the meter and ignore the previous deal from the scammer. Get off immediately to avoid dramas. There are supposed to be two public buses running at 14:30 and 17:30.
Hire a water taxi and ride over the river from Sierpe to Corcovado National Park. You will go from the river mouth into the sea. You will pass some mangroves on the way to the park. Depending on your budget you can choose from two different stopping points. Be prepared to get your feet wet.
The cozy restaurant/bar has a souvenir shop.
There is one large restaurant in the village largely frequented by locals. It's close to the central park.
There are some nice little bed and breakfasts.
- Estero Azul Lodge +506 786-7422. On the banks of the Sierpe River; guided tours; individual bungalows; restaurant; run by North Americans.
- Hotel Pargo Rojo +506 786-6092. Cheap; Tico restaurant; private boat tours; in Sierpe town; car-watching service.
- Río Sierpe Lodge +506 225-8553. Accessible only by boat; especially for divers, fishers, and eco-adventurers; day tours; package rates for multiple nights; at mouth of Sierpe River close to Isla Violin.
- Sabalo Lodge (Osa Peninsula Eco Lodge Sabalo Lodge), Osa Peninsula (access by boat from Sierpe), ☏ , ✉ firstname.lastname@example.org. A lodge located in a delicate ecosystem, dedicated to preserving it. Onsite: Sabalo's private waterfall, horseback riding in the mountainous rain forest, kayaking in the mangroves, and miles of hiking trails. Only 12 guests at a time. Mid-Nov–April: Beach House US$150/person up to 7 (single $200); Tree House $130 pp up to 4 ($145 single); Bungalow $130 double ($145 single); Mariposa $115/person up to 3 ($135 single); glamping cabins $95 pp up to 12 ($105 single). Children 8-12 ½ price. May–mid-Nov: $10-20 discount off these prices. Tent platforms: $20/person (includes a screened wood platform with bamboo structure and canvas roof.) Bring your own tent, mattress and cooking supplies. Camping: $10/person. Rancho on beach with sink available at no charge..
- Eco-Manglares Lodge, Main Road, Sierpe, ☏ . Offers day tours of Drake Bay, Corcovado Park, and Caño Island; mangrove estuary boat rides and fishing trips; bungalow hotel; rustic wood rooms; restaurant. 5 rooms US$51-64.
- Veragua River House (From the Rio Estero Azul bridge, 900m to the right), ☏ . Remodeled; spacious grounds with flowers; bungalows; Italian food restaurant; run by Italians. from US$86.
At Sierpe's central park there is a bus stop, but there is no schedule for buses. Instead, just ask the locals when a bus is departing and make sure you're on time as the bus might only arrive and depart once per day.