The Sierra Nevada is a mountain range in Andalucia in the south east of Spain. They are the tallest mountains in mainland Spain, rising to over 10,000 ft (3000+ metres). The highest peak is Mulhacén at 3,479 m.
The Sierra Nevada lie predominately in the province of Granada.
The city of Granada lies in the foothills on the northern side of the Sierra Nevada
- Fly in to Malaga and drive eastwards from there.
- Drive westwards from the city of Almeria
- Ski resort 2 hours from Malaga Airport, 45 minutes from Granada airport
- Alpujarras Valley 2,5 hours from Malaga, 1h15 from Granada
The Sierra Nevada National Park (known as the Parque Nacional Sierra Nevada in Spanish) covers part of the Sierra Nevada range and has a number of interesting species of animals.
- Andaventur Granada Adventure Company. Outdoor sports in the Sierra Nevada National park and Granada province, tandem paraglider flights, canyoning, hiking, ski, rock climbing, horse riding.
- Sierra Nevada Ski Resort (from Granada ring road follow the signs for Sierra Nevada; roughly 2hr drive from Malaga airport and 45min from Granada airport; buses available from Granada), ☎ . Europe's most southern ski resort generally open for skiing and snowboarding from December until the end of April. The resort itself is built on a steep hillside and the base is at 2200m with the highest point at 3300m. There are 103km of pistes and the range of pistes go from a flat beginners area with a "magic carpet" through to Green, Blue, Red and Black. There is also a children's only area called the "Dream Land". Skiing, snowboarding, hiking, dogsledding, skating, spa.
- Camping Las Lomas Güéjar-Sierra.
- Hotel Mont Blanc.
- Hotel GHM Monachil, Av. Maribel, 10 CP, ☎ , e-mail: email@example.com.
- Hotel el Ciervo, Edificio Penibético, ☎ .
- Hotel Santa Cruz Sierra Nevada.