Simpsonville is a suburban city in the Upcountry of South Carolina southeast of the major city of Greenville. Simpsonville has experienced steady growth since 2008, and as a result, many restaurants and stores have been introduced to the area. Simpsonville has around 20,000 residents.
Simpsonville developed in the 1820s as a stagecoach stop, but eventually became the vast suburban town it is today. The once-burgeoning town struggled during the Civil War and Reconstruction, but in 1885 lots were laid out to surround a new rail line. The Woodside Cotton Mill, established in the early 1900s, was instrumental in the town's growth, as was the installation of a large water main from Greenville. In the recent years, urban sprawl from the city of Greenville has led to tremendous growth in and around Simpsonville.
Simpsonville is accessible from Interstate 385 by taking exits 23-31 from Columbia and Greenville.
Simpsonville is a large, spread-out town which is best accessible by car. However, areas such as downtown are both bike and pedestrian friendly.
- 1 Downtown Simpsonville, Main Street. Charming, historic downtown with breweries, a coffee shop and boutique shops.
- 2 City Park, 172 Park Drive. 7AM-7PM. City park located near downtown offering walking trails, basketball courts, tennis courts and open green spaces.
- 3 Simpsonville Cinemas, 780 South Street, ☏ . 14-screen movie theater offering new-release films, plush seating and concession stand.
- 4 Museum of the Revolutionary War, 10 Academy Street, ☏ . Local history museum exploring the battles and significant events of the American Revolutionary War.
- 5 Southern Galleries, 108 East Curtis Street, ☏ . 10AM-5PM. Art gallery located on E Curtis Street in downtown Simpsonville.
- 1 Heritage Park Amphitheater, 861 Main Street SE, ☏ . Community amphitheater offering concerts year-round.
- 2 Golden Lanes & Rink, 108 Balcombe Boulevard, ☏ . Bowling alley and roller-skate rink offering a pub-style menu and tiki bar.
- 3 Discovery Island, 417 Baldwin Road, ☏ . Memorial Day-Labor Day, 11AM-5:30PM. Small, seasonal, family-friendly water park with a pool, waterslides, lazy river and simulated wave surfing.
- 1 Downtown Simpsonville, Main Street. Simpsonville’s historic downtown with numerous boutique shops, breweries and restaurants.
- 2 Fairview, Fairview & Harrison Bridge Road. Large shopping area spanning across Fairview and Harrison Bridge Roads. Stores include Target, Kohl’s, Walmart, T.J. Maxx, Ross Dress For Less, Hobby Lobby, Michael’s, and numerous local & national restaurants.
- 1 Coach House, 637 Main Street SE, ☏ . 6AM-9PM. Enduring joint for casual, eclectic eats, including burgers, pasta and southern staples.
- 2 Pete’s, 811 Main Street NE, ☏ . 9AM-10PM. Family-owned burger joint with American staples and a drive-they.
- 3 Mad Cuban Café, 698 Fairview Road Suite #C, ☏ . 11AM-8PM. Counter-serve Cuban joint preparing hot and cold sandwiches, homemade salads and pastries.
- 4 Shortfield’s, 111 N Main Street, ☏ . 11AM-9PM. Laid-back American restaurant offering burgers and brews.
- 5 Henry’s Smokehouse, 123 N Main Street, ☏ . 11AM-8PM. Traditional South Carolina BBQ known for its meat-over hickory pits.
- 6 Zamorah’s, 106 Main Street NE, ☏ . 11AM-8PM. Local home-cooking standby with fried chicken, burgers and sandwiches.
- 7 Milano Pizzeria, 633 Main Street SE, ☏ . 11AM-10PM. Old-fashioned, family-owned pizza joint preparing sizable Greek & Italian dishes.
- 8 Silver Bay, 916 Main Street NE, ☏ . 11AM-10PM. Family-friendly eatery serving up casual seafood platters
- 9 Stella’s Southern Bistro, 684 Fairview Road, ☏ . M-Sa 11:30AM-2:30PM, 5:30PM-9PM. American, southern bistro using local ingredients in a polished homey space.
- 10 Mimi’s Steakhouse, 340 Harrison Bridge Road, ☏ . 11AM-2PM, 4:30PM-10PM. Casual steakhouse serving up classic American fare and pasta.
Bars & pubs
- 1 The Station, 1205 Main Street NE, ☏ . 12PM-2AM. Locally-owner sports bar & grill offering burgers, fries and happy hour specials.
- 2 Sherby’s Irish Pub, 33 Ray Talley Court Suite #A, ☏ . 12:30PM-1AM. Irish pub offering happy hour specials, Irish and American fare.
Coffee & tea
- 3 Exchange Co. Coffee, 110 South Main Street, ☏ . 8AM-5PM. Sleek, hipster coffee shop serving espresso, tea and baked goods.
- 4 Amanzi Tea Café, 127 North Main Street, ☏ . 12PM-7PM. Modern-day tea house offering 100 different types of premium loose-leaf tea brewed from the purest water.
Bed & Breakfast
- 1 Garden House B&B, 302 S Main Street, ☏ .
- 2 Comfort Suites Simpsonville/Fountain Inn, 3971 Grandview Drive, ☏ . $110.
- 3 Hampton Inn Greenville/Simpsonville, 3934 Grandview Drive, ☏ . $109.
- 4 Holiday Inn Express - Simpsonville, 642 Fairview Road, ☏ . $108.
|Routes through Simpsonville|
|Greenville ← Mauldin ←||N S||→ Fountain Inn → Ends at|