- Simrishamn Tourist Office, Tullhusgatan 2 at the harbour. ☏
The nearest airports are Kristianstad/Everöd (54 km) and Malmö/Sturup (78 km), both with mainly domestic flights. A few miles further is Kastrup with numerous international flights.
From Kristianstad Airport take the Skånetrafiken Express Line 3 to Simrishamn. From Sturup there is no direct route to Simrishamn, but you first have to travel by bus to Lund or Malmö and from there Skånetrafiken's bus/Pågatåg. From Kastrup take the Öresund train with change to Pågatåg in Malmö. Travel time 1 hour and 55 minutes, ticket price for adult is 195 kr.
Skånetrafiken's Express Line 3 from Kristianstad and Express Line 5 from Lund have many departures to Simrishamn. From Kristianstad it takes 1 hour and 26 minutes, the ticket price for the adult is 63 kr. From Lund it takes 1 hour and 30 minutes, the ticket price for the adult is 93 kr.
- 1 Simrishamn railway station. Travel time from Malmö is about 90 minutes and the ticket price for the adult is 99 kr.
Bus 591 runs in an 8-shaped loop and connects the city's different areas with each other and with the train and bus station. It is operated by Skånetrafiken in collaboration with the municipality.
Avoid driving in the city centre. Good parking places are located near the station. Best parking is available along Stenbocksgatan. From there you can walk to the centre in 5 minutes.
Simrishamn is a small town and you have good use of a bike, not least if you want to explore the nature around Simrishamn. However, cycling on the picturesque cobbled streets in the centre is not convenient.
The main sights in Simrishamn are the city and its atmosphere. If you are in Simrishamn you usually go around the rest of Österlen to see more.
- 1 Saint Nicolai Church (Sankt Nicolai kyrka), Storgatan 18 (on the main square). Medieval church in central Simrishamn.
- Glimmingehus, Glimmingehus Borg, 276 56 Hammenhög, ☏ . Medieval manor.
- Stenshuvud National Park.
- Österlens Museum's home museum, next to the church. Tuesday - Friday 12:00 - 16:00 and Saturdays 10:00 - 14:00. The museum is closed on Sundays and Mondays. During December, opening hours are extended some days.
- Apotekarns garden, Storgatan 17, ☏ , art with garden.
- Österlens Golfklubb (Lilla vik/djupadal).
- Bicycle in the south east of Sweden (Sydostleden - Österlen - Skåne), Stockeboda Gård - Gärsnäs, ☏ , ✉ email@example.com. Bicycle package with half pension.
- Swim at the town's bathing area, Tobisvik. Its sand is quite coarse and the sea quickly becomes deep.
- There are some boutique shops on Storgatan, a little west of St. Nicolai
- See Stockeboda Gård in Sleep below.
There is a Systembolaget near St. Nicolai.
- [dead link] Stjärnegården Bed and Breakfast, Glimminge, 272 92 Simrishamn (Between Gislöv and Borrby), ☏ . Check-in: 16:00, check-out: 11:00. Renovated typical Scania farm from 1869. 7 rooms. Also small cottage for rent. Close to milelong beaches, restaurants, castles, golf, Skillinge, Simrishamn, and Glimmingehus. 1050 kr.
- Stockeboda Gård - (Stockeboda Farm cottages), Stockeboda Gård - Gärsnäs, ☏ , ✉ firstname.lastname@example.org. Check-in: 15.:00, check-out: 10:00. Bungalows, bar & restaurant, wood-fired tubs, and brewery. 15 wooden cabins in wonderful settings with kitchenette, furnished terrace and private bathroom. Cottages have a living room with dining room and free Wi-Fi. The kitchen includes a stove, microwave and fridge, as well as tea and coffee making facilities. Guest groups can book the rustic dining room at Stockeboda, which has sheepskin-style chairs and wooden tables. Among the specialities you will find grilled pork, lamb and wild boar. 1700 kr/night.
- Simrishamns hostel [dead link] (STF) on Christer Barnekowsgatan 10 is a short distance from the city centre and has a toilet and TV in all rooms. During high season (June, July, August) the reception is open daily from 08:30 to 10:00 and 17:00 to 19:00 daily. The rest of the time it is open by agreement. ☏
- Tobisvik's campsite is a little north of the city with walking distance to the city. Near the campsite there is an outdoor pool and a beach. ☏
The best place for internet access is the local library.