Daajing Giids, formerly known as Queen Charlotte or Queen Charlotte City, and Skidegate (Haida: Hlg̱aagilda) are neighbouring villages on the southeast cost of Graham Island, Haida Gwaii, British Columbia.
Daajing Giids and Skidegate are neighbouring villages located 9 km (6 mi) apart. Daajing Giids offers several motels, shops, restaurants, a gas station and auto repair, a credit union, RCMP station and a hospital. With its small harbour, Daajing Giids is often the starting point for chartered tours into Gwaii Haanas National Park Reserve and Haida Heritage Site on southern Moresby Island. Skidegate Landing, the easternmost neighbourhood of Daajing Giids, includes the BC Ferries terminal serving the ferry route between Haida Gwaii and Prince Rupert (on mainland British Columbia), and the ferry route between Graham and Moresby Islands.
Prior to July 13, 2022, Daajing Giids was named Queen Charlotte.
- 1 BC Ferries - Graham Island (Skidegate) ferry terminal, Skidegate Landing, ☏ , toll-free: . The following vehicle ferry routes operate to this ferry terminal:
The nearest airport is located in Sandspit (YZP IATA), which offers flights from Vancouver. Getting from Sandspit involves taking the Alliford Bay-Skidegate ferry. The Masset Airport (ZMT IATA), over an hour away but still on Graham Island, offers flights from Prince Rupert.
- Eagle Transit, ☏ , firstname.lastname@example.org. Local service within Daajing Giids and Skidegate. Long-distance between Old Massett, Masset, Tow Hill area, Port Clements, Tlell, Sandspit, Daajing Giids and Skidegate. Services all airports on Haida Gwaii.
- Gwaii Taxi and Tours, ☏ , email@example.com. Local taxi service serving Daajing Giids and Skidegate.
- 1 Haida Heritage Centre, 2 Second Beach Road, Skidegate, ☏ , firstname.lastname@example.org. Sep-May: Tu-Sa 10AM-5PM; Jun: M–Sa 10AM – 6PM, Th until 8PM; Jul-Aug: Su-W 10AM- 6PM, Th-Sa 10AM-8PM. Includes an interpretive centre, temporary exhibit space, Performing House, Canoe house, Carving Shed, the Bill Reid Teaching Centre, Program Management Centre, the Haida Gwaii Museum, a gift shop and a small restaurant and cafe. Adult $16, senior $15, student $10, children 6-12 $5, children under 5 free.
- Diving in Rennell Sound, check at the Queen Charlotte Visitor Information Centre for dive sites.
- Fishing along the Skidegate Inlet, Rennell Sound or Yakoun Lake.
- Hiking the Spirit Lake Trail, Sleeping Beauty Mountain, or Sleeping Beauty Trail.
- 1 All About U Arts, 248 Hwy 16, Skidegate, ☏ , email@example.com. Jun-Sep: M-Sa noon-5PM; Oct-May: By Appointment. Specializing in Haida art, the gallery showcases traditional to contemporary pieces that depict Haida culture and history.
- 2 Funk It!, 3508 Wharf Street, Daajing Giids, ☏ , firstname.lastname@example.org. Sep-Jun: Tu-Sa 10AM-5PM; Jul-Aug: M-Sa noon-5PM. Eclectic inventory of furniture, lighting, home décor and gift items
- 1 Blacktail Restaurant, Wharf Street, Daajing Giids, ☏ .
- 2 Dave's Take Out, 112 Front Street, Skidegate, ☏ . Pizza, burgers and chicken.
- 3 Dining with the Kings, 4307 Husband Road, Daajing Giids, ☏ .
- 4 Queen B's Cafe, 3208 Wharf Street, Daajing Giids, ☏ . Breakfast and lunch. Coffee, soups, salads, art, poetry.
- 5 Ocean View Restaurant (Ocean View Bar & Grill), 3200 Oceanview Drive, Daajing Giids, ☏ .
- 1 Hecate Inn, 321 Oceanview Drive, Daajing Giids, ☏ , toll-free: , fax: , email@example.com.
- 2 Jags Beamstalk, 100 Highway 16, Skidegate, ☏ , firstname.lastname@example.org. Check-in: 3PM, check-out: 11AM. Guest rooms above coffee shop.
- 3 Premier Creek Lodging, 3101 Oceanview Drive, Daajing Giids, ☏ , , toll-free: , fax: , email@example.com.
- 4 Sea Raven Motel, 3301 Oceanview Drive, Daajing Giids, ☏ , toll-free: , fax: , firstname.lastname@example.org.
- 5 Spruce Point Lodge, 611 6th Avenue, Daajing Giids, ☏ , email@example.com. From $120 per night.
- 2 Haida Gwaii Hospital and Health Centre (Xaayda Gwaay Ngaaysdll Naay), 3209 Oceanview Dr, ☏ . Has an emergency department.
- 3 Haida House at Tllaal, 2087 Beitush Road, Tlell (30 min north of Skidegate on Hwy 16), ☏ , toll-free: . Haida House is on the east coast of Graham Island, near the village of Tlell, halfway between Old Massett in the north and Skidegate in the south. Owned by the Haida nation, it provides opportunities to view traditional Haida art, taste local cuisine, trek through lush nature trails, comb sprawling beaches, and see indigenous carvings. Full-service gourmet restaurant, licensed lounge and river-view patio, free WiFi, resident cultural interpreter. 3-night room, meals and tour package from $2,125 per person.
|Routes through Daajing Giids-Skidegate|
|END ← Masset ←||W E||→ ferry → Prince Rupert → Prince George|