Skippack Village is located in Montgomery County in the US state of Pennsylvania. It is a charming little town full of boutiques, shops, restaurants, and it's newest addition, a beautiful rustic Italian hotel. Great for a day trip or a weekend getaway and close to Philadelphia, King of Prussia, and others, without the feel of the city. Come see what Skippack Village has for you!
Skippack village is located in the heart of Skippack, Pennsylvania in Montgomery County. It is located right off of Route 476 (the Blue Route) and easy to get to from the Philadelphia International Airport. It is about a 45 minute drive from the airport without traffic and located on Route 73. If travelers are planning on flying into Philadelphia, there are many transportation options for them to be able to get to Skippack such as car rental services and taxis. The hotel that they are staying at would be happy to set up a service to pick them up from the airport, train station, or anywhere else that further transportation would be necessary.
To get around Skippack Village, visitors don't need more than their own two feet! The wonderful stores, boutiques, and restaurants are all within walking distance of each other. If traveling with young children, a stroller is recommended as little tykes can get tired easily. Feel free to bring your dogs! Most stores and restaurants either allow dogs or provide outdoor seating so that your dog can enjoy a wonderful day with you! As long as fellow customers are okay with it, treat your dog to lunch! It is easy to get around the village and enjoy a day or weekend away from home.
There are so many things to do in Skippack Village! Between spas, shopping, dining, the Skippack Days, and the nearby parks, there's never a dull moment. There is an entrance to the Perkiomen Valley Trail where families can go for a nice walk or bike ride on a nice fall day. Skippack Days are weekends in which local vendors set up through Skippack Village to sell their merchandise and have a fun filled day for everyone! Skippack Village also holds seasonal events such as Oktoberfest, a scarecrow competition, summer concerts, Illuminaire Nights, and the annual lighting of the Skippack Christmas Tree. During many of these events, select shops stay open late and offer hot apple cider, Christmas cookies, and Santa even makes an appearance. There are always things to do in Skippack Village throughout the entire year!
- Illuminaire Nights, Skippack Village. Participating shops and businesses will be extending their hours until 9PM, Wednesdays and Fridays from November 26-Dec.22.
- Skippack Village Carnival. Amusements, games and family fun!
- Summertime Concert Series. For Example:Featuring Bill Turner & the Blue Smoke Band (Classic Rock). Free concert for all ages, 6:30-8:30PM. Bring your blanket and picnic basket and enjoy the music. View the band’s website at www.myspace.com/billturnerandbluesmokeband.com Moonbounce for the kids! Rain date is August 4.
- The Body Serene-Day Spa at Skippack Village (Body Serene), 4007 Skippack Pike, ☏ , fax: . M 12PM-8PM, Tu 10AM-6PM, We 12PM-9PM, Th 10AM-9PM, Fr-Sa 9AM-5PM, every other Su 11AM-4PM.
- Le Butler's Pantry, 4033 Skippack Pike, ☏ . Monday - 10:00 to 5:00 Tuesday -10:00 to 5:00 Wednesday - 10:00 to 5:00 Thursday - 10:00 to 5:00 Friday - 10:00 to 7:00 Saturday - 10:00 to 5:00 Sunday - 12:00 to 5:00.
There are so many restaurants and bars to choose from in Skippack, you almost can't make a choice! From the swanky Brasserie 73 to the casual Mal's American Diner, there is a restaurant to satisfy your every desire. The types of restaurants range from casual diners and pizzerias to nicer Italian, French, and Asian cuisine and more! Most of these restaurants have bars and offer outdoor seating. Others are also B.Y.O.B. so be sure to call, check their website, or email to inquire about it.
- Comfort at the Back Porch, 4000 Skippack Pk, ☏ . M-Th 10AM-9PM, Fr 10AM-10PM, Sa 9AM-10PM, Su 9AM-8PM.
- Basta Pasta, 4052 Skippack Pike, ☏ . M-Th 11AM-9PM, Fr-Sa 11AM-10PM, Su 11AM-8PM. An average priced but quality food Italian restaurant. From the fresh pizzas to the pasta dishes, you can't go wrong here.
- Bella Rossa, 4046 Skippack Pike, ☏ , fax: . M-We 5PM-10PM, Th-Sa 5PM-11PM, Su 11:30AM-5PM. The Bella Rossa is a casual Italian restaurant in the lower level of the Hotel Fiesole. With wonderful dishes ranging from fresh risotto and pizzas to delicious chickens and juicy steaks, you can't go wrong here.
- The Black Dog Cafe (Black Dog), 4049 Skippack Pike, ☏ . M-Sa 11AM-10PM, Su 12PM-9PM.
- Brasserie 73 (B73), 4024 Skippack Pk, ☏ . M-Th 11AM-10PM, Fr-Sa 11AM-11PM, Su 11AM-8PM.
- Chiaro's Pizzeria, 4118 Skippack Pike, ☏ . Good for a quick bite and friendly service.
- Italian Market, 4101 Skippack Pike, ☏ . M-Th 10AM-7PM, Fr-Sa 10AM-8PM, Su 11AM-5PM. This market has some of the most delicious hoagies that anyone could ask for. They also carry all sorts of Italian food products as well as fresh bread, olives, cheeses, meats, pasta salads, wonderful desserts, and more.
- Mal's American Diner (Mal's), 4006 Skippack Pike, ☏ . M-Fr 6:30AM-9PM, Sa 7AM-9PM, Su 7AM-8PM.
- Mistral, 4046 Skippack Pike, ☏ . We 5-10PM, Th-Sa 5PM-11PM, Su 10AM-3PM. The Mistral, which is located on the main level of the Hotel Fiesole, is the fine dining restaurant specializing in Continental European Cuisine. Don't feel like sitting at a table? Take a seat at the connecting Trolley Bar and still enjoy a delicious meal while watching your favorite sports team battle it out for the win.
- Parc Bistro, 4067 Skippack Pike, ☏ , ✉ firstname.lastname@example.org. M-Sa 11:30AM-3PM & 5PM-10PM, Su 11AM-2:30PM & 4:30PM-8:30PM. Set in an old colonial house with a refurbished barn for weddings and special events, this restaurant is a bit more high end and serves delicious food of what they like to call "A little bit French; a little bit Country; a little bit Italian".
- RoadHouse Grille (Roadhouse), 4022 Skippack Pike, ☏ . M-Th 11AM-3:30PM & 4:30PM-10PM, Fr-Sa 11AM-3:30PM & 4:30PM-11PM, Su 11AM-3:30PM & 4:30PM-8PM.
- Tokyo Japanese Restaurant (Tokyo), 4044 Skippack Pike, ☏ . M-Fr 11:30AM-2:30PM & 4:30PM-10PM, Sa-Su 11:30AM-10PM.
- Cabana Bar, 4052 Skippack Pike, ☏ . (closing hours dependent on weather) M-Fr 4PM-???, Sa 12PM-???, Su 1PM-???. Features live music most Friday and Saturday nights. If you feel like having a drink before you sit down to dinner, or just having some bar appetizers to hold you over, this is the place to go.
The Hotel Fiesole is the most central lodging in town. While other hotels in the nearby town of Kulpsville and Collegeville may offer better rates, they will require car or taxi service to get to and from the hotel to wherever you may want to go.
- Hotel Fiesole, 4046 Skippack Pike, ☏ . Check-in: 3PM, check-out: 12PM. This hotel is conveniently placed in the center of Skippack Village and has two restaurants and a wonderful accommodating staff. With the restaurants Bella Rossa and Mistral, you don't even have to leave the building for a memorable evening. The basement is home to the Rathskellar Bar. Previously a cigar bar, now customers can still buy cigers but they are required to enjoy them outdoors on the Bella Rossa Patio. The Rathskellar Bar is only open Friday and Saturday nights featuring live music and an open dance floor. Take a seat in the lounge area by the fireplace while still enjoying the music or grab a drink at the bar and chat with the bartender. This place definitely makes for an enjoyable evening. $179-$375/night.