Skydiving or Parachuting is a sport in which you exit a plane from altitude, freefall for a short while and then deploy a parachute to fly safely to the ground.
There are many dropzones around the world. Most dropzones will provide accommodation of some sort.
- Johannesburg Skydiving Club (JSC), Carltonville outside Johannesburg, ☎ , e-mail: email@example.com. Mostly use a PAC 750 XL. For tandem skydiving at JSC contact +27 (0)76-055-7273.
- Skydive Xtreme, Nylstroom (From the N1 follow down Nelson Mandela until the 3rd robot. Turn right into Thabo Mbeki. DZ is about 2.6km further on the right), ☎ .
- Witbank Skydiving Club, Witbank Aerodrome, ☎ , e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- EP Skydivers, Grahamstown, ☎ , e-mail: email@example.com.
- Skydive Durban, Durban, ☎ , e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Pretoria Skydiving Club, Pretoria, ☎ , e-mail: email@example.com.
- Skydive Cape Town, Cape Town, ☎ , e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Walker Bay Skydiving, ☎ , e-mail: email@example.com.
- Skydive Mossel Bay, Mossel Bay, ☎ , e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Central America and Caribbean
- West Tennessee Skydiving, 985 Laverne-Davis, Whiteville, TN 38075, ☎ . Tandem Skydive, includes all training, equipment, the jump from 14,500' , and an official, signed, Jump Certificate (no hidden charges!)US$225.00 Tandem Skydive Group Rate. At least 5 jumpers, each: US$200.00 Tandem Skydive Group Rate. At least 10 jumpers, each: US$195.00 Digital Video and Digital Still Pictures of your Tandem Skydive. Video is edited to music and placed on a DVD, Still Pictures are on a CD. You will receive your video and pictures about 30 minutes after your jump, you may view them on site! US$100.00 AFF Ground School (Next training step after your Tandem Skydive). Includes your own personal pair of goggles and logbook. US$100.00 AFF Jumps, Levels 1 thru 3 (you must have completed a Tandem Skydive and AFF Ground School) each jump: US$200.00 AFF Jumps, Levels 4 thru 7 ( You must have completed AFF Levels 1 thru 3), each jump: US$175.00 Super King Air Jumps from 14,500' (experienced jumpers with their own gear): US$26.00 Gear rental with AAD (on all student jumps the gear is provided at no additional charge), each jump: US$25.00 Reserve repack: US$75.00 Coach Jumps: A Coach is provided free of charge to all AFF Graduates on each jump until you receive your.
- Las Vegas Gravity Zone Skydiving Center, ☎ .
- Skydive DeLand, DeLand Airport, DeLand, Florida, ☎ . 13,500 ft./$23; 5,000 ft./$17.
- Skydive Greene County, 177 South Monroe-Siding Road, Xenia, Ohio, ☎ , e-mail: email@example.com. (weather permitting): Sa-Su 8AM-8PM; M-F 8:30AM-8PM. Reservations recommended. $250/person.
- Skydive! Santa Barbara, toll-free: . The Drop Zone with an Ocean View! Feel the rush of flying through the air at 120 mph. Check out the fantastic ocean view of Point Concepcion. Certificate of Achievement presented on your first jump. They offer 2 ways of completing your first jump, Tandem or Static Line.
- Skydive Sebastian, Sebastian Airport, ☎ , toll-free: .
- Skydive Zion, Hurricane Airport, ☎ , e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org. Fly out from Hurricane (Utah) and jump over the spectacular Zion National Park Tandem:$185.
- Freefall Oz Skydiving Center, Shinglehouse, PA, ☎ . Experienced jumpers and beginners welcome, video recording available. Certified by the United States Parachute Association.
- Skydive Cairns, 59 Sheridan Street, Cairns, ☎ , toll-free: 1800 330 044 (free call in Australia), fax: +7 4031 5505, e-mail: email@example.com. Skydive Cairns offers tandem single jumps and AFF courses. One of the most beautiful plane rides up to 13,000 feet overlooking the reef just long enough before you lose your lunch on the way down.
- Tandem Cairns, Shop 10, 93 The Esplanade, Cairns (entrance on Aplin Street), toll-free: 1800 805 432 (free call in Australia), e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org. $270.
- Freefall Skydive, ☎ 0800 373 335. Located in spectacular Taupo offering jumps above the amazing lake and volcanoes at heights up to 15,000 feet above the ground. From $249.
- Skydive Auckland, ☎ 0800 92 15 57. Imagine an insanity inducing freefall of at least 200kmph with breathtaking views of the skies and beaches of Auckland. Our customers are spoilt for choice with skydive heights of 9,000, 13,000 & 16,500ft, the last of which is the highest skydive jump in the North Island, New Zealand. From $295.
- Skydive New Zealand, ☎ 0800 751 0080. This is probably the best place in New Zealand to do this activity thanks to its amazing scenery. Between NZ$225 and NZ$500 depending on height and options.
- Skydive Abel Tasman, ☎ 0800 422 899. Tandem Skydiving from up to 13,000 feet with the best of NZ's scenery including National Parks, Southern Alps, blue oceans and golden beaches! Famous for top quality freefall photography! From NZ$229.
- Skydive the Sounds, ☎ 0800 DREAMIT. High standards of safety, service and superb 360 degrees of scenery. Also the home of the unique "X Flight" (take off from Wellington and skydive into the South Island. Between NZ$245 and NZ$575 depending on height and options.
- NZONE Skydive, 35 Shotover St, Queenstown & Rotorua Airport, ☎ 0800 376 796. Experience the thrill of skydiving in New Zealand with a tandem jump or accelerated freefall course above Queenstown or Rotorua. No prior skydive training needed, just a sense of adventure. From NZ$269.
- Skydive NZ Franz Josef, Fern Grove Souvenirs, Main road, Franz Josef, New Zealand, ☎ 08007510080. Dawn to Dusk. The original glacier skydivers, good vibes since 1997. $295.
- Skydive Paradise Glenorchy, ☎ 0800 475 934. Experience the most scenic tandem skydive experience on earth at our skydive dropzone near Queenstown. Breathtaking Lord of the Rings scenery, tandem skydiving from 12,000 ft or 15,000ft, photos & videos available. From NZ$325 12,000 ft.
- Paracentrum Eelde Hoogeveen, ☎ , e-mail: email@example.com. Dropzone Eelde: phone +31 50 309 44 99; Dropzone Hoogeveen: phone +31 528 27 11 50
- Skydive. Take a dive from 4000 meters alone or tandem. Contact Andreas Knabe at the Parachuting School, tel 079 213 71 38, .
- Skydive Langar / British Parachute Schools, ☎ , e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org. Open daily all year. Visiting jumpers welcome. Two Cessna Grand Caravans, 14,000 feet normal max. altitude. Tandem Skydives, Accelerated Freefall, Static Line
There are generally 3 ways to do your first jump.
- Tandem. You jump strapped to an instructor who will do all the work. You just go along for the ride.
- Accelerated Freefall. Freefall from your very first jump. An instructor will jump with you to ensure that you do pull the canopy release.
- Static line. A static line connects your parachute to the plane. When you exit the plane at around 3500feet, the static line will pull your parachute free to deploy it. There is no freefall during a static line jump. and you do not have to take any action to deploy the parachute. You do however need to fly the parachute once it has opened and land it yourself. Training is generally a full day course followed by your first solo jump. This is a good starting option for anyone interested in taking up the sport, as it is relatively inexpensive and you will have good canopy control by the time you make your first free fall jump. Most places will require you to do at least 8 static line jumps before you may progress to free fall.
The dropzone will provide a plane to take you to jump altitude.
- Skydive NZ Franz Josef, Fern Grove Souvenirs, Main road, Franz Josef, New Zealand, ☎ 08007510080. Dawn to Dusk. Skydive New Zealand voted the second best skydiving experience in thhe world(1st was everest). The original glacier skydivers, good vibes since 1997. $295.