Jump to navigation Jump to search
Sousa is a town in western Paraíba state Brazil, known for its fossile sites. From lack of other sights and activities, you might consider to arrive in the morning and hit the road again in the afternoon.
- To Campina Grande by Guanabara, 6 daily, 5 hours, R$ 41.
- To Juazeiro do Norte by Guanabara and Gontijo[dead link], 5 daily, 3 hours, R$ 25.
- To Mossoró by Gontijo[dead link].
Mostly walkable. Mototaxis at R$ 3 anywhere within the city.
- A wall of the city's main church collapsed without warning a few years ago, and still there is budget for rebuilding. The effect is rather surreal.
- Pousada Carrapichos (Halfway between bus station and centre, by the bridge). Somewhat run-down, but neat and clean. No breakfast. Double with fan R$ 20, with air con R$ 35.
- Pousada do Vale (Behind Pousada Carrapichos). New 2009, no breakfast Double with fan R$ 40.
- Vale dos Dinossauros has its visitors' centre and main attractions some 4 km outside town. No public transport. A taxi from the bus station is R$ 14. The area is also good for a picnic.