Southern Clermont County includes Ohio, Monroe, Tate, Washington, and Franklin Townships, as well as the villages of New Richmond, Bethel, Moscow, Neville, Chilo, and Felicity in Clermont County, Ohio.
Clermont County's most famous son is Ulysses S. Grant, born Hiram Ulysses Grant in Point Pleasant, a small village along the Ohio River. Grant became one of America's most important military leaders during The American Civil War. His wartime success led him to become the next American President after Andrew Johnson succeeded to the presidency after Lincoln's assassination.
State Route 133 passes through the township.
- 1 Cardboard Boat Museum (New Richmond).
- 2 Ross-Gowdy House Museum (New Richmond).
- 3 Ulysses S. Grant's Birthplace, 1551 State Route 232; Point Pleasant, ☏ .
- 4 Chilo Lock #34 Park and Museum, Located off US Route 52, just a half mile east of State Route 222; Village of Chilo. (Chilo), ☏ .
- 5 Utopia Ohio ruins (Franklin Township). A former religious commune that believed their community would usher in 35,000 years of peace and oceans of lemonade. Utopia was later destroyed by a flood. Now there are a few people who live here, but not many, and it's more or less a ghost town.
Chilo Dairy Bar - U.S. 52 near Chilo Locks County Park Offers soft serve ice milk and assorted short-order fare, including breakfast, pizza, burgers, tenderloins, etc. Limited Fall/Winter hours, usually meaning closed Mon-Tues. and open for day-trippers on US 52 towards the latter part of the week. A nice place to stop for a snack to enjoy in the park while watching the Ohio River.
- 1 Feed Mill Restaurant & Pizza (Felicity).
- Pont Inn, 1575 US Highway 52 (Located about five miles southeast of New Richmond), ☏ .
- Charlies Pub, 416 North Market Street, ☏ .
- 1 Harmony Hills Vineyard (Bethel).
- 1 Felicity Branch Library (Felicity).