Jump to navigation Jump to search
Southwestern Idaho is in Idaho.
- Bruneau Dunes SP, 27608 Sand Dunes Rd, Bruneau (65 miles southeast of Boise on I-84 and SR-51), ☏ . Named for the largest sand dune in North America, the park also has camping, cabins, fishing, an observatory (open April until October), hiking, and bird watching.
- Hells Canyon NRA (150 miles northwest of Boise), ☏ . Featuring the deepest gorge in North America, refuge's 652,000 acres affords a wide variety of activities including camping, hiking, and especially white-water rafting.
- Morley Nelson Snake River Birds of Prey National Conservation Area, South Ada, Canyon, and Elmore counties (20 miles south of Boise on ID-59 and Swan Falls Rd), ☏ . The 485,000 acre refuge protects one of the world's largest concentration of nesting raptors including falcons, eagles, hawks, and owls. Come in spring and early summer to see them at their best.
- Silver City (75 miles south of Boise on SR-45, SR-78, and Silver City Rd). A ghost town in the Owyhee Mountains, Silver City offers a hotel, outfitter, and gift shops. Events are held throughout the year. The roads don't open to most vehicles until spring so check conditions before leaving.
- Three Island Crossing SP, 1083 Three Island Pk Dr, Glens Ferry (75 miles southeast of Boise on I-84), ☏ . The park's location is at one of the most famous river crossings of the Oregon Trail. The park celebrates this history and also has camping, cabins, fishing and hiking.
- 1 Roaring Springs Waterpark. ,
- 2 Wahooz Family Fun Zone. - located in Meridian
- Cascade Raft and Kayak, 7050 Highway 55, Horseshoe Bend (28 miles north of Boise on SR-55), ☏ . Offers a variety of trips on the Payette River, from half to full day excursions on anything from mellow water to whitewater fun.
- Snake River Wineries and Vineyards (Along the Snake River throughout southwest Idaho). Nearly 50 wineries are scattered throughout the region. An auto tour is available for tasters to sample the beverages at the vineyards and tasting rooms (except for their designated driver).
- Thunder Mountain Line, 120 Mill Rd, Horseshoe Bend (28 miles north of Boise on SR-55), ☏ . Excursion train running between Horseshoe Bend and Banks. The only one in Idaho.