Jump to navigation Jump to search
Southwestern Niger is the western and southernmost region of Niger, spanning the Tillabére and Dosso provinces as well as the nation's capital on the Niger River.
- 1 Ayorou — an important market town on a picturesque section of the Niger River.
- 2 Baleyara — a market town home to one of West Africa's largest animal markets.
- Dosso — at the junction of the roads to Benin and Zinder, this small town has a colorful market and an even more colorful chief's palace.
- 3 Niamey — the laid back national capital.
- 1 Koure — home to the last herd of giraffes.
- 2 W National Park — one of the Sahel's most important nature reserves and a popular tourist destination, straddling the border with Burkina Faso and Benin.