Sri Thanu is a volcanic peninsula just north of Thong Sala on Ko Pha Ngan in Thailand. The coral reef offshore allows snorkelling with the protection of the bay.
From Thong Sala and the ferry terminal the taxi ride is just ten minutes.
Walking, renting motorbikes or sharing taxis to Thong Sala, the main port.
The volcanic peninsula has pushed the land into the coral reef allowing snorkelling and diving just offshore.
- [dead link] Fellini, Sri Thanu. Two locations: Haad Rin and Sri Thanu. Stone-cooked pizzas, a wide choice of pastas, steaks, seafood, salads. Good tiramisu and chocolate mousse. Good choice of wines.
- Lemon Tree Restaurant. Undergoing renovations early-2013.
- Mama Pooh's Kitchen. Delicious, authentic Thai food. Cheap prices for Ko Pha Ngan. Big portions.
- 1 [dead link] Chai Country, 14/3 Moo 8, ☏ . Secluded and quiet place. Original Thai bungalows with excellent food. 400 baht.
- [dead link] Loyfa Bungalows. Check-in: 11:00, check-out: 10:00. Hillside and beach front view. 600-2,500 baht.
- Phangan House (Houses for rent), 42/2 Sri Thanu, Moo 8 (beside Laem Som Lake), ☏ . House rental agency. Offers ranges of houses with air-con, Wi-Fi, and equipped kitchen for a minimum 2 weeks period.
- [dead link] SeeThanu Bungalow. 16 well-maintained bungalows in a range of styles and prices. 400-2,700 baht.