Srirangam is a zone in Trichy. It is famous as the home of the Sri Ranganathaswamy Temple.
Rail: Srirangam is located 10 km from Tiruchirappalli Railway Junction. It is well-connected with almost major places in India. If coming from/via Chennai, one can conveniently alight at Srirangam Station.
Road: Srirangam/Trichy is linked by NH45, NH67, NH210 and NH227. Numerous buses [govt & private] ply connect Trichy with major cities--Chennai, Madurai, Coimbatore, Salem, Bangalore, to name a few.
Air: This domain is growing of late. There are direct flights from Tiruchi to Arab-countries, Singapore, Colombo. Inland flights to Trichy are not very convenient, considering the travel-time between the town and airport (7 km) on the Trichy-Pudukottai road.
Both Private and Government operated buses ply between Central Bus Stand and Srirangam via Sathiram Bus Stand (Main Guard Gate).
Thiruvanai-kovil (Temple). (3 km)
Samayapuram Kovil (Temple). (11 km)
Uthamar Kovil (Temple).
Kattazhagiya Singar Kovil (Temple). (1 km)
Sri Ranganathaswamy temple, .
Ammamandapam Padi-thurai. 9Bank of River Cauvery).
- Take a holy bath in River Cauvery.
- Worship Lord Ranganathar, Lord Ranganayaki Thayaar, and many other Gods in the main-temple.
- You have lots of trinkets to buy at the shops inside and around the temple. Beware of specially-high prices for tourists.
- A photo of the main deities of the Temple shall be a good piece of memorabilia to purchase.
- For reasons best known to Him, kitchen-ware made of iron are highly sought-after at the temple-shops [known as Ranga-Vilas Shops].
There aren't any high class restaurants available around here, but still you have few better hotels.
- Fresh fruit-juice at the shops nearby the temple.
- Tender-coconut is the best drink for hot places like this.