Download GPX file for this article
45.20-67.28Full screen dynamic map
North America > Canada > Atlantic Canada > New Brunswick > Bay of Fundy > St. Stephen

St. Stephen

From Wikivoyage
Jump to navigation Jump to search

St. Stephen is in southern New Brunswick.


St. Stephen, viewed from Calais

Tiny St. Stephen (pop 4800) is known for two things; its close ties to Calais (Maine) directly across the river and its history as "Canada's Chocolate Town". Ganong has made candy locally since 1873; the company is now operated by the fourth generation of the family.

Get in[edit]

St. Stephen is served by NB Route 1 and Route 170.

US Route 1 serves Calais, directly across the St. Croix River in the United States of America.

Get around[edit]


  • The Chocolate Museum, 73 Milltown Blvd, +1 506 466-7848, fax: +1 506 466-7701. Learn about candy making with hands-on exhibits, vintage chocolate boxes, antique candy-making equipment and machines in what used to be the original Ganong factory. Chocolatiers make the candy by hand as they have for over 100 years.








Go next[edit]

Routes through St. Stephen
CalaisAiga immigration.svg  W NB 1.svg E  Saint Andrews via NB 127.svgSaint John

This city travel guide to St. Stephen is an outline and needs more content. It has a template, but there is not enough information present. Please plunge forward and help it grow!