St Buryan is a small village in the far west of Cornwall. The population is around 500, however the gene pool is small and most people are related!
The nearest station is Penzance, from where there are buses (operated by First Bus Cornwall) going on their way to Lands' End. There are also occasional buses from St Just in Penwith.
Easy parking everywhere, then just walk and stroll around.
The principal sight is the church
- 1 St Buryan Church, St Buyan. a grade 1 listed building with a beautiful rood screen, rare in this area.
- 2 Merry Maidens (Grid ref: SW433245). stone circle
- 3 Boscawen Un (Nine Maidens) (SW412274). stone circle
Wander around and enjoy this perfect village, not spoiled by crowds as it stands away from the coast.
- Local grocery / paper shop.
- 1 St Buryan Inn, TR19 6BA, ☎ , e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org. M-W: 4PM - 11PM, Th-Sa: 11AM - 11PM, Su: noon - 11PM.
There's a few B&B's dotted around the village, as well a number of self catered holiday lets (normally quite pricy, and rented by the week).