Jump to navigation Jump to search
The TIC is at ul Zamkowa 1.
The train connection from Kraków takes approximately 1h30 and costs 11 zł one way. The number of connections is limited so it is advised to check the schedule in advance.
- 1 Sucha Beskidzka Castle, Zamkowa 1. The castle of Sucha Beskidzka is sometimes called little Wawel. It was built in Renaissance style by an Italian merchant, who took the name Suski. There is a museum in the castle that can be visited. Also check the castle gardens.
- A church with a cloister (17th century)
- 2 Rzym Inn (Karczma „Rzym”). A famous old wooden inn (karczma) from the beginning of the 18th century called "Rome" (Rzym) on the main square. The legend tells, that Jan Twardowski, a humanist of the 15th century, sold his soul to the devil, but Satan could only take it in Rome. So Twardowski decided never to go to Rome, but went for a drink to the inn. All in all, he never went to hell but to the moon, where he watches Kraków with his friend the spider until now. If you have not signed any dubious deals, you can have a good and inexpensive meal inside this traditional place.
- Youth Hostel, ul. Kościelna 5B. Check-in: 17:00, check-out: 9:00. 50 places. From 26 zł.
- 1 Skalnik, ul. Spacerowa 24. 30 places.
- 2 Kasper Suski, ul. Zamkowa 1, ☏ . In the northern wing of the Castle. 28 places.
- 3 Rezydencja „Zuzanna”, ul. Kościelna 37, ☏ .