Sulllia is about 85km from Mangalore (Mangalore is head quarters of Dakshina kannada district). It is 330km away from Bangalore. You can reach sullia via Mysore or via Hassan and Puttur. You will get buses from almost all major places of Karnataka to Sullia. There is no railway facility to Sullia.
The best mode of travel is local buses, private service vehicles. Both government and private bus stations are located nearby. Many times you will hear loud voices quoting your destination (Example :Guthigar, Bellare, Puttur). Just approach them, they will lead you to the appropriate vehicle which travels to your destination. On the contrary, government buses shall flee in designated times and you have find timings at enquiry counter located in Government bus station (locally called as Bus Stand).
- Thodikana Shri Mallikarjuna Temple
- Devaragundi Falls
- Bantamale. A wonderful place for trekking. 20km from the taluk center
- Kukke Shree Subrahmanya Temple. A historic temple
- Panja The place where Koti Chennaya (historic characters famous in local folklore) lived
- Mogarpane Masjid Hazrath Valiyullahi Mambili Thanghal
- Kumara Parvatha - Highest peak in the Western Ghats of Karnataka. A trekker's Paradise, it's about 14 km steep climb. The entrance to it is just behind the Kukke Shree Subrahmanya temple.
The best natural drink Tender Coconut is available in summer. Its hardly INR 10 (USD=0.3). Also plenty of tiny tea shops offer you tea, coffee etc just for INR 2 (USD=0.03)
- Kalmadka. Local bar.
- Janapriya. Local Bar
- Southern Residency, J.C. Road, ☎ . Budget hotel with premium facilities, in the centre of town. Rs..