Jump to navigation Jump to search
Swanage is in Dorset.
- 1 Swanage Steam Railway, Swanage (Park at Norden Park and Ride station), ☏ . daily April to October. Ride in authentic heritage carriages for 6 miles from Corfe Castle to the seaside resort of Swanage behind an original steam locomotive £9.
- 2 Studland Beach, Studland, near Swanage (B3351 from Corfe Castle and Swanage or via chain ferry from Sandbanks, Poole), ☏ , ✉ firstname.lastname@example.org. A popular beach and beauty spot.
- 3 Old Harry Rocks, Isle of Purbeck. Chalk stack formations just of the coast
- 1 Chococo, 21C-23A Commercial Rd, ☏ . Chocolate and Purbeck Ice Cream
- 2 Quarr Gallery, 17 High Street, BH19 2LP, ☏ , ✉ email@example.com. Daily 11.30AM-5PM. Showcasing art by Dorset-based painters, photographers and makers. Original paintings and reproductions, photographs and pottery. from £3.50 to £5000.
- Amber Bay Jewellers, 23 Institute Road, BH19 1BT, ☏ , ✉ firstname.lastname@example.org. M-Sa 10AM-5PM. Small jewellery store, with several well-known brands and a large selection of amber jewellery set in sterling silver and 9ct gold. There's a show cabinet with several pieces of amber, which have been carved into animals and other objects, including unique pieces which encase an insect or two. £1 +.
- Pursenalities, 9 Institute Road, BH19 1BT, ☏ , ✉ email@example.com. M-Sa 10AM-5PM. Pursenalities specialise in handbags and purses in all different styles and fabrics from leather to canvas. There is also a range of scarves and hats available alongside cushions. £5 +.
- Rainbow's End, 9/10 The Square, BH19 2LJ, ☏ . M-Sa 10AM-5PM, Su 11AM-5PM. Established in Swanage for over 25 years, and one of the South Coast's leading purveyors of fair trade and ethnic clothing, gifts, and accessories.
- 1 The Fish Plaice, 14 The Square, ☏ . Bustling counter-serve spot for classic comfort foods - fish and chips made from local potatoes.
- 2 [dead link] Harlees fish and chips, 1 The Parade, ☏ . Good restaurant and take away
- 1 YHA, Cluny Crescent, BH19 2BS, ☏ . 101 bed hostel. beds from £13.
- 2 The Pig on the Beach, Manor Rd, Studland BH19 3AU, ☏ . Small upscale hotel, remarkably quirky considering it's part of a chain. No dogs or pigs allowed. The original Pig Hotel is in the New Forest and there are six others in the chain. B&B double £190.
- 3 Grand Hotel, Burlington Road, Swanage, Dorset BH19 1LU, ☏ , ✉ firstname.lastname@example.org. Always open. The Grand Hotel, Swanage is a classic Victorian seaside hotel that nestles in the heart of the beautiful Isle of Purbeck and dates back to 1898. It commands spectacular views across Swanage Bay and Peveril Point. £.
- Little Gem Guest House, 4, Cecil Road (off Swanage High Street), ☏ , ✉ email@example.com. Edwardian house with modern comforts. Varied English breakfast menu. All rooms are double glazed and include freeview TV, clock radio, free WiFi, hairdryer, and complimentary toiletries. ‘King Size Double’, ‘Twin Room’, ‘First Floor Double’, and an easily accessible ‘Ground Floor Double’, all with ensuite facilities. Children over the age of ten welcome. Pets not allowed.