Târgu Neamţ is a town in Moldavia.
One of the oldest towns in Moldavia, Târgu Neamţ has an impressive 14th century fortress and it's a good base for trips to the numerous old monasteries in the nearby mountains.
The town is walkable, but several minibus lines do exist.
- 1 Cetatea Neamțului (Neamț citadel), Aleea Cetăţii (on the north-west edge of town). Daily 9AM-7PM. A massive citadel built in the 14th-15th centuries. Adults 5 lei, children 3 lei.
- 2 Muzeul de istorie si etnografie (History and ethnography museum), strada Ştefan cel Mare nr. 37, ☏ . Tuesday to Sunday 9AM-5PM (October - March), 10AM-6PM (April - September).
- 3 Veronica Micle memorial house (Casa memorială Veronica Micle).
- 4 Ion Creangă memorial house (Casa memorială Ion Creangă), strada Ion Creangă nr. 8, ☏ . uesday to Sunday 9AM-5PM (October - March), 10AM-6PM (April - September). A surprisingly well preserved traditional rural house that was the birth place of the 19th century Romanian writer Ion Creangă.
- 5 Agapia Monastery (Mănăstirea Agapia).
- 6 Neamț Monastery (Mănăstirea Neamț).
Numerous guesthouses exist in the town with prices starting around €16/night.
- Rezervatia de zimbri Dragoş-Vodă (Dragoş-Vodă auroch reserve) (on the road to Neamt monastery). A auroch breeding back project