Talk:Egyptian Arabic phrasebook
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Someone copied this phrasebook and created an article for Egyptian Arabic Phrasebook (capital "P"). I've redirected, but there are some additional edits in the article history that may be of use. -- (WT-en) Ryan 14:19, 16 March 2006 (EST)
Mistakes & Standardization
- Hi! I'm Egyptian. I made further explanations in pronunciation. I think using «Ǣǣ Ææ» & «Āā Aa» is better than using «ǟ». I unified the translation & want to correct the Arabic-script spelling. I correct only consonants. I don't know if it is meant from the original author to add more vowels in the Arabic-script or is it an unintentional mistake?
- موبايلاك & موبايليك both are written موبايلك & just differ in pronunciation without writing more vowels.
- Those Arabic-script mistakes aren't familiar to an ordinary Egyptian. In addition to, there is a mix between the usage of (ى /a/ & ي /i/) or (only ى).
- If it is chosen to write as in hand-writing, we don't put two dots under ى, but if it were meant to be differentiated from the ى /a/, then we should standardize the spelling of all words to the (ي when it's /i/) & (ى when it's /a/)
- --(WT-en) MKM 23:27, 1 April 2009 (EDT)
- We should use the normal spellings for all words. The "use case" is that the Wikivoyager shows the Arabic phrase to a native speaker, who can then read it and understand what they want to do. (WT-en) Jpatokal 00:54, 2 April 2009 (EDT)
- Sorry for being too late to reply. However, I'm going to edit now. --(WT-en) MKM 08:47, 21 April 2009 (EDT)