Talk:Historic High Country
This appears to be a bit of a mess. With only twelve city articles falling under this region, there is not a compelling reason to break this region into subregions. Even if there were, we almost certainly don't want a page for each individual county. I propose that we merge the content (and photos!) from the existing county articles back into this article and redirect them to here:
- Dawson County (Georgia)
- Lumpkin County (Georgia)
- Rabun County (Georgia)
- Union County (Georgia)
- White County (Georgia)
- Cherokee County (Georgia)
- I disagree. With 14 cities noted and growth potential, the city list is already too long for my liking. There is a need for sub-regions here, even if there are only two or three. Since there already is a page for each of the above counties it would make sense to use the counties to mbe the centres of some regional groupings. In some cases attractions are collecting on those county article because they don't fit into the cities. I would suggest that each county be listed as a region and the city list culled to be the county seats. I have already noticed that one listing talks of 3 different sleep destinations in a city city listing, suggesting 3 separate article in that county alone. - (WT-en) Huttite 01:32, 21 November 2009 (EST)
- There is very little content for this region as it stands, and I don't think our guide will benefit from spreading the slim content even more thinly than it is already. Why don't we try to develop this article first? It's certainly not bursting at the seams with information. --(WT-en) Peter Talk 03:53, 21 November 2009 (EST)
I didn't realize that there was on going discussion on the subregions topic, I probably should have checked the discussion page before adding all the counties. I've only been on wikivoyage for less than a week so I guess I'm learning by doing. I don't really understand what the subregions section is for. My reasons for adding that long list of counties were:
- I wanted a quick and easy way to see which counties in the historic high country region had pages
- A list of links makes it easy to review what type of content each pages has and which ones need to be developed.
- To find out which counties don't have pages but should.
I'm a college student who is out for winter break and working on wikivoyage and wikipedia are my hobbies. I'm willing and ready to work on this region I just need to know in what direction things should go. (WT-en) McBrayn 00:10, 11 December 2009 (EST)
- There are at least eighteen cities with articles within this region; I have to agree with Peter that it seems like some sort of subdivision is necessary. It doesn't have to be the current scheme, however. Powers (talk) 16:12, 29 November 2014 (UTC)