Sapzurro is Safe
Sapzurro is half way between Capurgana, Colombia and La Miel, Panama. This area is very secure and has been for a number of years. It's quite safe to walk between these three towns. Can Someone delete the reference to smugglers and bandits on this page? It's totally untrue! (WT-en) Captjack 09:35, 17 September 2010 (EDT)
- Is there a possibility that smuggling, banditry, or other illegal/dangerous activities may resume in the region in near future? If not, then please plunge forward and fix the article. Maybe you can create a "Stay safe" section and note there that there were smugglers and bandits in the region but now it's safe to walk around. By doing this, you can make sure travellers in the region with outdated guidebooks which may still speak of illegal activities have correct, up-to-date information. – (WT-en) Vidimian 10:09, 17 September 2010 (EDT)
- The possibility is slim to none. Although tourism has grown by leaps and bounds in Colombia in the last five years, much of Colombia is still considered unsafe by travelers who don't know any better. Most of the guide books are outdated. The FARC was driven out of this area over 10 years ago. Not having been here in wiki for 30 days, I'm unable to fix this header.(WT-en) Captjack 13:43, 17 September 2010 (EDT)
- Which header? I've logged out to see if there is something wrong with the page, but it seemed to be working (and editable) just fine. Could you please point out exact problem?
- And yes, one of the strong points of Wikivoyage is that it can let travellers get the most up-to-date information rather than relying on guidebooks that are at least five years out of date (which seems to be the problem in this area). – (WT-en) Vidimian 17:38, 17 September 2010 (EDT)
- Look at the top of the page where it says "Sapzurro is" etc. Sapzurro isn't "halfway between Capurgana and Puerto Obaldia" It's the last pueblo in Colombia before you reach La Miel, Panama. Also it's very safe to walk there from Capurgana and doesn't have "smugglers and bandits". Hope you can help as I can't change this section of the article. Thanks again.(WT-en) Captjack 18:41, 17 September 2010 (EDT)
- I've modified the intro and added a reference to La Miel, but did not take out the "between Capurgana and Puerto Obaldia"-stuff, just changed it from "half-way" to "a quarter of the way", as can be seen at this map. I've moved safety info to a newly-created "stay safe" section and updated it as you reported above. – (WT-en) Vidimian 19:30, 17 September 2010 (EDT)