|Climate chart (explanation)|
- 1 Talkeetna Airport (TKA IATA). Is home to several air taxi companies that provide flight seeing trips and support for mountain climbers. Many of the air taxi companies were started to ferry climbers from Talkeetna to Denali, as Talkeetna has the easiest access to the south side of the mountain where the main base camp is located.
The town is also a stop on the Alaska Railroad, on the Denali Star.
Talkeetna itself is very walkable and pedestrian friendly. A great place to get out of your car.
Weather permitting, flightseeing out of Talkeetna will take you around North America's tallest peak, Denali.
- K2 Aviation, Talkeetna Airport, ☏ . Flightseeing of different mountains, glaciers and climbing routes of Denali, offers glacier and lake landings. Associated with Rust's Flying Service, operating since 1963.
- Talkeetna Air Taxi. Offers flight seeing and glacier landings.
- Talkeetna Aero Services.
Rafting and kayaking trips leave daily from Talkeetna.
As the town nearest to Denali, it is a jump-off point for climbing enthusiasts. If you are up for the climb, air taxi service is available from Talkeetna for the sure-footed, intrepid adventurers that are going to climb Denali, Hunter or Foraker.
- 1 Denali Zipline Tours.
- Whole Wheat Radio. A webcast and house concert series playing independent music (singer-songwriters, blues, jazz, other adult genres) originating in Talkeetna.
- Denali Guides & Outfitters, P.O. Box 93, ☏ . Offers professionally guided hunting trips.
- Wings and Paws (Off Montana Creek Spur), ☏ . Dog sled day tours by a retired Naval Aviator and Iditarod competitor. Cash only.
A trip to Talkeetna is not complete without a trip into Nagleys store.
- Flying Squirrel Bakery Cafe (Talkeetna Bakery), Mile 11 Talkeetna Spur Rd (three miles out of town), ☏ . Casual counter service cafe with fresh whole grain breads, sweet and savory deli-style items, wood fired brick oven and organic Alaska roasted espresso.
- Mountain High Pizza Pie, Main St, ☏ . Pizza and a fun place to meet locals.
- Talkeetna Roadhouse, Main St. Great place to eat with its own bakery. Atmosphere is very informal with shared family-style seating.
- My Little Dumpling (The Dump), Main St. (just downtown, next to Wildflower Cafe). till 2AM. Handmade pelmeni, spring rolls, exotic teas and other specialties. $.
- The West Rib cafe and Pub, 13650 E Main St, ☏ . Make sure to try the infamous Ice Axe Ale made especially for The West Rib. Containing 11% alcohol by volume, you can only order two glasses, unless you buy a pitcher. Great burgers and Alaska salmon and halibut sandwiches served daily throughout the summer. Located behind Historic Nagleys Store, this funky little pub has a great outdoor deck as well as indoor seating. Eleven microbrews on tap, mostly from Alaskan breweries. The place is filled with historic and climber related stuff. Fun to explore and you can write your name on certain walls.
- Talkeetna Hostel International, I St (off of mile 99 of the Parks Highway), ☏ , fax: , firstname.lastname@example.org. $27 - $75 per night (Bunk bed, shared room: $27 - linens $3 extra, Private double: $60/night, Private single: $75/night).
- Traleika Mountaintop Cabins. Two unique Alaskan vacation homes for your exclusive use. The mountaintop location provides unparalleled views of Denali and its neighboring peaks. from $165.
- Talkeeta Chalet. B&B with views of Denali from the upstairs common room. starting from $80 (winter, small room).
- Latitude 62. Small motel with restaurant and bar a few blocks south of downtown. Rooms are clean but very small, prices reasonable.
- Talkeetna Alaskan Lodge, Mile 12.5 Talkeetna Spur Rd, ☏ , fax: , email@example.com. Beautiful lodge located in the woods on a hill above Talkeetna. Observation deck with view of the complete Denali Mountain Range. Free transfer to and from the train station as well as to the town of Talkeetna. $219 - $395/night (Mountain Side), $169 - $295 (Main Lodge), $149 - $265 (Guest Lodge).
- [dead link] Fireweed Station Inn, Sunshine Rd, ☏ , firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Denali National Park. Home of North America's tallest mountain, Denali is a scenic and wildlife paradise.