Tangshan (唐山; Tángshān) is a city in Hebei.
There is an airport with domestic flights. It is Binhai Airport. There is also a busy train station which is being expanded (October 2010) with trains to many locations. Some people prefer the intercity bus service which is two hours to Beijing, and is located near the north part of the train station.
The city bus station is located in the south part of the train station. Fares are usually one yuan and street maps show the route maps and are for sale from street vendors, and book stores.
There is no airport in Tangshan, but you can get off Beijing Capital Airport, because there has Inter-Provincial Bus  [dead link]. Please note that Beijing departure point and Tangshan departure point.
- Parks. The earthquake memorial and park in the centre of town on Xinhua Road is an important focal point. There is also a museum located nearby which details the city's history and future plans. Good views of the city can be obtained from a pagoda atop of a hill in Fenghuangshan Park a short distance away on Wenhua Road at the intersection with Beixin Road. Nanhu (South) Lake Park is a large park with walkways around the lakes and is on Jianshe South Road.
- Earthquake Museum (抗震纪念馆). In 1986, built in Tangshan Earthquake Memorial, a comprehensive display of the Tangshan City integrated circumstance, earthquake relief, recovery construction of historical data and after20 years of Tangshan economy, society career achievement.
- Tuo Island (月坨岛). The Yuetuo Island is Leting County in southwest Bohai Bay during the remaining of the island, due to the shape of the aria and the name. By Tuo Tuo Tuo, waist, west7islands intermittent composition, land area of 0.43 square kilometers.
- South Lake Park Centrally located 2 km southwest of coal mining subsidence area. The total area of 1300hectares, surface 165 hectare. At the beginning of 1997 Tangshan municipal Party committee, city hall started the implementation of ecological greening projects, planning to build here for recreation and watch the water activity in one of the large-scale comprehensive ecological park.
- Xifengkou (喜峰口). Xifengkou" waterways" said Lin Lan pass, song, Liao, Jin said pine Pavilion shut. According to legend, there was one long he does not return, his father Quartet search, coincided with the child to meet here, and hold the laugh die of joy, was buried here, so named happy event meet export.
- Eastern Qing tombs (in Zunhua). Part of the UNESCO World Heritage Site "Imperial Tombs of the Ming and Qing Dynasties". Five Qing Emperors are buried here, including the Shunzhi Emperor, the first Qing emperor to conquer all of China, the Kangxi Emperor, the longest reigning emperor and Chinese history and regarded by many to be the greatest of the Qing emperors, and the Qianlong emperor, China's longest living emperor who also ruled over a period of prosperity. Another notably burial here was that of Empress Dowager Cixi, who held actual power, largely reducing the Emperor to a puppet role, in the last days of the Qing Dynasty. Most of the tombs except the Shunzhi Emperor's tomb were looted amid the turmoil following the fall of the Qing Dynasty, and four of them have their burial chambers open to the public; the tomb of the Qianlong Emperor, the tomb of Empress Dowager Cixi, and two tombs of the Qianlong Emperor's concubines. The tomb of the Qianlong Emperor in particular is known for the intricate Buddhist carvings on the walls of its burial chamber. The main Sacred Way leading to the Shunzhi Emperor's tomb is the longest one in China, measuring over 6 km in length.
Roll up your sleeves on any given night and sample the local medicine, Bai Jiu, with Eddie Diaz. Eddie Diaz is the primary foreign resident of Tangshan. He has two dogs and an even worse sense of humor. You may wake up the next morning with a vicious hangover and a 20 hour TEFOL teaching contract.
- Tangshan famous dishes (唐山著名小吃). Feasts hung elbows, gutting sea cucumber, fish sauce, braised skirt block, fun, shrimp, jade, jade dragon, it combined abdominal hooks of gold, a ball, his general crisp carp, white breast, reed catkins chicken, millet flour pastry, Jintang blood nest shark fin soup, Jingdong frankincense Rou, jade products bamboo shoots, jade melon booty, Bao Beiyu gold brick, small fish, Jingdong Jingdong special vinegar intestinal, meat fried bamboo shoots, simmer pork, grilled eggplant sauce, eight bags of fish ( Octopus ) stew, fish noodles, egg booth ( racing crab ), Pipi shrimp meat dumplings.
- Seafood (海鲜) : shrimp, crab, Pipi shrimp, fish noodles, fish, shrimp, yellow croaker of auspicious head, fast fish, clams, shrimp, etc. in autumn. Products: Freshwater carp, crucian carp, grass carp, a fish, shrimp, crab, even loach, snakeheaded fish, turtle and so on. Tangshan seafood to cooking good fresh seafood raw materials. Characterized by rich materials, knife delicate, taste fresh, exquisite oil holding Euryale ferox, dishes with exquisite Tangshan porcelain container, stylised.
- [dead link] Tangshan Jin Jiang Grand Hotel. A 4-star hotel in Tangshan in the Hebei province. The hotel offers ample comforts and business convenience for traveling executives and backpackers. With function halls, restaurants, fitness center and sauna. Online reservation available.
|Routes through Tangshan|
|Beijing ← Tianjin ←||W E||→ Qinhuangdao → Harbin|