Tarvisio is located in the Canal Valley, between the Carnic Alps in the north, and the Julian Alps in the south.
As a place upon ancient trade routes from the Alps to Venice, the roots of Tarvisio date back from Roman times.
Tarvisio is only 15 minutes drive from Slovenia.
- Sella Nevea.
- Mt Lussari.
- Parish churches of St Peter and Paul.
- Fusine laghi mountain lakes
- The reason to come to Tarvisio is to ski.
- Kranjska Gora on the Slovenian side of the border is another popular ski resort.
- The ski resort in Sella Nevea accepts the same tickets as Tarvisio and is only 15 minute drive away.