- By train: Tavira is reachable by train. There are several trains a day connecting Tavira to Faro through where you can connect with other major cities like Lisbon or Porto. There is no train connection from/to Spain in the south of Portugal — that's only doable from Lisbon. Train tickets can be acquired online or at the train station.
- By plane: The nearest airport is in Faro (FAO IATA) which is a 45m drive away, with many daily flights connecting many European cities. Seville Airport (SVQ IATA) is the second-closest airport, although it takes a 2h drive. Lisbon's airport (LIS IATA) is a 3h drive away.
- By bus: There are daily buses by EVA and Rede Nacional de Expressos.
Tavira is a small city and perfectly walkable. On the main central square (Praça da República) you can find the Tourism Information Center which can provide you with maps, leaflets and tips.
It's also possible to catch a small tour train which goes around the city most interesting landmarks. There are also electric tuk-tuk's available which can be a quite and comfortable way to visit the natural park area.
- Parque Natural da Ria Formosa. is a nesting ground and as a stopping point in migrating routes: Flamingos ( Phoenicopterus ruber ), Milherango ( Limosa limosa ), Storks ( Ciconia coconia ), King Fisher ( Egretta garzetta ), and so on. Spend some time in close contact with the nature, the wonderful world of the birds in its more natural state, and let yourself be fascinated for the enchantment of its sounds, its forms and its colors.
- 1 Over 2000 years old olive tree, Aldeamento Pedras d’El Rey, C. One of the oldest olive trees in Portugal can be visited within the Aldeamento Pedras d’El Rey lodging complex.
- 2 Tuna fishing museum, Hotel Vila Galé Albacora, Quatro Águas, 8800-901 Tavira (ask for directions at the hotel reception). Note that this hotel usually closes during low season. Entrance is free.
- Guided Birdwatching Tours, Tavira, ☎ . The Algarve has a wonderful variety of birds and many places where to find them. At almost any time of the year there is something of interest to see. Tours may cover several different habitats dependent on season and tides - salinas, saltmarsh, hills, steppe grasslands and woodlands. These tours are specifically designed for beginners.
- Tavira Horse Carriage Tours See Tavira from a different perspective. Feel its history and discover the beautiful architecture which typifies Tavira.
- Tavira Boat Tours. Boat tours in Ria Formosa Tavira Ria Formosa as a nesting ground and as a stopping point in migrating routs: Flamingos, Milherango), Storks), King Fisher and so on. Spend some time in close contact with the nature, the wonderful world of birds in its more natural state, and let yourself be fascinated for the enchantment of its sounds, its forms and its colors. Discover the lagoon and his birds.
- Pousada de Tavira - Convento da Graça, Rua D. Paio Peres Correia, ☎ , fax: , e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org. A historic luxury hotel
- Vilacampina Guesthouse. Sitio da Campina, caixa postal 991C/Luz de Tavira, 8800-107.
- The Yellow House. In the old town on a little cobbled street. This is a really nice small rental house that can be booked for long or short visits.
- Hotel Vila Gale. Lovely 4* Hotel