Take Highway 94 east. Tecate Mexico is a 58-minute drive and approx of 41 miles away from San Diego. San Diego is a city of California states of the USA. Just located towards the downtown of Los Angeles state and just adjacent to Mexico Border.
Take the toll road ("cuota") that parallels Mexico Highway 2, 30 miles east. Highway 2 then leads east about 80 miles to Mexicali by way of the notorious "Rumorosa Grade". Tecate is just 52kms away and approx take 57-minute drive from Tijuana, City of Baja California States. Both Tijuana and Tecate are the towns of Baja California states of Mexico. Tijuana is the largest city of Baja California States. It is the 6th largest metro city of Mexico. Tijuana is the fastest growing metropolitan city in Mexico having a pace of development in industries and tourism sector as well. Whereas Tecate is just opposite to Tijuana city, adjacent to USA Mexico Border. Tecate is also known for its giant brewery.
Take Mexico Highway 3 east. The highway is two lanes and is about a 75 minute drive to the border crossing.
From the border
Tecate's border crossing is probably the easiest in California. You can pay a few dollars to park at one of the lots on the US side and walk across the border. It can also be an alternative border crossing to get back into the US; it's less crowded than the San Ysidro and Otay Mesa border crossings (to get back into the US). It will be a long drive from Tijuana, but it will save you some time.
There are many ways to get here from Los-Angeles or from San Diego, California, USA.
|MODE OF TRANSPORT||FROM||TO||Price||Time||Remarks|
There was a bus in every three hour from Los angeles.
|There is no direct bus service from Los angeles or San Diego USA. Tijuana is big town near Tecate.|
|BUS||Tijuana||Tecate||$5-$15||35 Minutes drive
Bus in every four hour
|Tecate is beautiful place just adjacent to Tijuana|
|SELF DRIVE (OWN CAR or RENT CAR)||Los Angeles
Time 2.50 Hours
|You enjoyed scenic beauty during drive.|
- Rancho La Puerta. Health spa. The Golden Door is another Spa that was later established by Deborah Szekely, a co-founder of Rancho La Puerta.
- The yearly Tecate-Ensenada bike ride.
- California Motorsport Adventours Based in San Diego. Off road adventure tours for people of all riding abilities. Everyone welcome: families, couples, friends, single riders, bachelor and corporate groups. Full day excursions or longer tours available also. Ride in the dunes and then enjoy a guided adventure into the surrounding mountain trails. Our trips out to Tecate are 2 to 4 days long. Contact the office for reservations and inquiries.
Tecate has a central shopping plaza, but those crossing the border and looking for souvenirs will be disappointed.
Tecate is home to the namesake Tecate Brewery, which offers tours. You can take a guide to take a factory tour for the world’s oldest brewery unit, which was set up in 1940. Through the guide you will get to know how it was created and what's unique about Tecate Beer.
The old Mexicans knew the culture of fermented alcoholic beverages, with the aroma of a corn beer. After the Mexican War of Independence in 1845, a barley beer was introduced in Mexico. In the 19th and 20th centuries, many breweries were opened in various region of Mexico. The industry was infused with taste and technology from the German and Austrian immigrants, further developing its taste.
- 1 Rancho Tecate Resort, ☏ . A small ranch hotel south of Tecate that also offers a range out outdoor experiences.
- 2 Hotel El Dorado, Av. Benito Juárez 160, ☏ . This is a decent practical place to stay for when you need to make a run for the border, or just hang out in Tecate. It has a restaurant, a/c, and wifi. starting from M$750 (M-W), M$900 (Th-Su).
- The Vinicola L.A. Cetto winery, along Highway 3, offers tours.
- California Motorsport Adventours Off road adventure tours to the LA Cetto Winery. Begin the San Diego or Puerto Nuevo Baja. Minimum 4 riders. Contact the office for reservations.
- Guadelupe Canyon hot springs, with nearby hiking and petroglyphs, is located 30 miles down a dirt road east of La Rumorosa.
|Routes through Tecate|
|END ← Tijuana ←||W E||→ Mexicali → Jct N S|
|END ←||N S||→ Ensenada → Jct N S|