Tehachapi is unusually windy. Two of the largest wind farms in the United States are located here: the Alta Wind Engergy Center, which as of 2013 was the largest wind farm in the United States, and the Tehachapi Pass Wind Farm, which in 2013 was the fifth largest wind farm.
|Climate chart (explanation)|
- BeeKay Theatre.
Hiking. There are lots of excellent trails and parks for outdoor activities. The Pacific Crest Trail passes through Tehachapi along highway 58.
- Tehachapi Mountain Park. Great park on the base of Tehachapi mountain, the highest mountain in nearby range. A 3-mile trail will take you to the summit, almost 8,000 ft altitude.
- 1 Petra, 200 S Green St, ☏ . Mediterranean food.
- 2 Kohnen's Country Bakery, 125 W Tehachapi Blvd D. 6AM–6PM daily. German bakery.
- Stallion Springs Resort, 28681 Stallion Springs Dr, toll-free: . An out-of-the-city, out-of-the-ordinary, quiet, friendly timeshare environment offering one and two bedroom luxury cottages with swimming and seasonal tennis and golf nearby.
- Fairfield Inn & Suites, by Marriott, 422 W Tehachapi Blvd, ☏ , fax: .
- Best Western Country Park Hotel, 420 W Tehachapi Blvd, ☏ , fax: .
- Best Western Mountain Inn, 418 W Tehachapi Blvd, ☏ , fax: .
- Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites, 901 Capital Hills Pkwy & Hwy 58, ☏ .
- Bakersfield - Nicknamed "the country music capital of the West Coast", Bakersfield is the largest city in the southern San Joaquin Valley and is thus the best option for those seeking lodging, transportation, or other services.
- Keene - Located west on Highway 58, Keene is home to the Cesar E. Chavez National Monument, which contains the headquarters and grave site of the famous labor leader. Another attraction is the Tehachapi Loop, which is located just outside of town and is a favorite of railroad fans around the world since the engineering wonder is one of the few places where a train can be seen passing over itself.
- Mojave - East of Tehachapi on Highway 58, Mojave is a hotbed of aerospace activity, with the Mojave Spaceport the headquarters of Scaled Composites, the first private company to launch a human into space. Edwards Air Force base, a landing site for the space shuttle and a center for the development of experimental aircraft, is located adjacent to the town.
|Routes through Tehachapi|
|Bakersfield ← Keene ←||W E||→ Mojave → Barstow|